PDA

View Full Version : Bubble with A5o

tiltaholic
01-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi-
Trying to learn SNGs. Mainly I use them to break up the limit grind. I've played about 75 total. Sorry for the simple question.

Party 20+2
Total number of players : 4
SB( $2152 )
BB( $3168 )
HERO( $1300 )
Button( $1380 )

Blinds(150/300)

Hero has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I push.

Is this standard, risky, foolhardy, or read-dependant?

Button was extremely short stacked and was pushing almost every hand to steal blinds. He seems to know what he's doing. SB and BB were folding their blinds to a raise since it became 5 handed and in general do not know what they are doing.

bigredlemon
01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I'd push if the rest of the table would likely fold. You definetly don't want a call here. You're in big trouble with most pairs, dominated by any better ace, and only marginally ahead of any other hand.

El Maximo
01-12-2005, 05:06 PM
The blinds are huge and about to hit you. You are running out of options. Id push. You might want to take a look at some earlier hands when you were folded to in the Button or SB. Were their some hands earlier that you could have pushed with to build your stack?

tiltaholic
01-12-2005, 05:16 PM
hmm.
Earlier that level...Q7s and J7s, both from the SB. (4 players). Are those pushes too?

Earlier level (100/200 blinds), K9o, K4o, or JTo- all from the button? At this level I wasn't feeling too much pressure because SB was very shortstacked and I figured he'd drop soon, but BB kept folding.

El Maximo
01-12-2005, 05:38 PM
All those can be push hards for me. Its dependent on the players, chip stacks, ect. The SB hands are definitely pushes if the BB has a similiar stack size to mine. The button hands may be as well. Depends on a lot of variables.