PDA

View Full Version : 4 tabling question.

ferb
01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
are you guys playing ABC poker when youre 4 tabling. obviously its harder to gauge player skill with 4 going at once. could one assume that your itm is lower with 4 tables at once but hourly earnings could be higher? just curious if this is a correct assumption. thanks for any replies.

Xhiggy
01-12-2005, 02:44 PM
yes, by multi-tabling your ROI and ITM go down, but overall (hopefully), your winrate goes up (if it doesn't, obviously you shouldn't be multitabling!).

and by multitabling, you'll have less reads on the opponents, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have any reads. if you had a good collection of notes, and can make general reads on a good number of players, you'll be able to make the right adjustments and plays.

and ABC poker depends on who you ask. to me, it doesn't mean you play obviously. it means you play the generic line against unknown opponents more often than not (because of your limited reads). do you still raise PF with AA? yes. can you still trap with it against one aggressor? yes. can you still trap with a set? of course. etc.

goldseraph
01-12-2005, 05:01 PM
I think you can 4 table and still pay fairly close attention to betting patterns. I also make notes as I go if there are any bets/plays that really stick out and define a type of player. For some it is best to start 2 , then when you hit level 3 or so, start the next 2. Levels 1-3 usually don't require intense focus, sometimes I will play my 'ABC' game somewhat on the two low-level SNG's while I really focus on the level 3+ games. For some people multi-tabling even manages to increase their ROI, because they get bored playing just 1 and end up getting cute. The constant action of four tables 'keeps them in line' to a degree.

ZebraAss
01-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I find it nearly impossible for me to take notes during the game...no matter how early it is. I think that is one of my major problems, when I mutli-table I am not able to read the opponents so I just fold fold fold...just about everything. Suited connecters? Forget about it. KQs or AJo if there was a raise? Forget about it. Small-Medium Pocket pairs with more then a 2xBB raise in stages 1-3? Forget about it. I guess I just think that all I need is to double up once, coast for a good opportunity then get a few more until the bubble then start attacking.
But when it is late in the tournament 50/100 and later i wait about 3-6 seconds per table to evaluate the tournament each time a new hand is dealt so I don’t get lost in my "Robot folding technique."

Good Luck Sir.

God bless,

Zebra

Myst
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I dont know about you guys, but I try to play my best possible poker at all 8 tables I play on. Focus is key. Playing standard ABC poker can only take you so far. If you want to take your game to the next level, you gotta always be trying your best at ALL the tables you play at.

adanthar
01-12-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that is one of my major problems, when I mutli-table I am not able to read the opponents so I just fold fold fold...just about everything. Suited connecters? Forget about it. KQs or AJo if there was a raise? Forget about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pockets are a different story, but you should be folding the first two whether you're on 1 table or 4.