PDA

View Full Version : Getting abused with JJ

Grendel
01-12-2005, 02:28 PM
I used to read over all the "I'm having trouble playing JJ/TT" posts and just think "Yeah, yeah, it's not that hard."

Unfortunately, my play with JJ sucks. After 20k hands in my database, it ranks somewhere below 55 for me.

This morning I got JJ 4 times in 100 hands. I feel that these hands are pretty representative of my play with JJ (beyond the losing money part, I mean). All comments welcome. Even ones that say I should just fold JJ preflop because I suck too much to make money from it.

Hands are PokerRoom 2/4 ring games. I was having trouble with the hand converter, so let me know if anything needs clarification.

HAND #1: I'm a loose slot machine
No reads; first hand at table.
Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.
Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds.
Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.
River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.
Final Pot: 10.50 BB

HAND #2: I dragged a pot but didn't inhale
Reads: BB is sLP-A
Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.
Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.
Turn: (3.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.
Final Pot: 4.25 BB

HAND #3: I'm a super-reader
Reads: UTG is TP-sA (slightly agressive), UTG+1 is a LP-P uberfish
Preflop: Hero is MP+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif,J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.
Flop: (12.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.
Turn: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

HAND #4: I'm an aggressive crazy man
Reads: Button is sLA-sA
Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.
Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.
Turn: (5.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

-Grendel

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Hand 1: fine
Hand 2: fine
Hand 3: fold the flop
Hand 4: fine

ZZZ
01-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Hand 1: I play it the same. I'd need an excellent read to fold on the turn.

Hand 2: I play it the same, super-standard. No way should you check the turn with all those draws out here.

Hand 3: I might just call on the flop, but your raise for information is probably better. I call on the turn though. I figure my flush is good a little less than 1/2 the time if I hit it, and my jacks are almost always good [edit: If I spike a jack on the river]. Plus there's a small chance of having the best hand and being checked to on the river. I want to fold the river unimproved, but if the action went bet, fold, I'd probably look at the size of the pot, sigh, and call.

Hand 4: Looks like how I'd play it. You got enough information out of him to be quite sure you're beat. You've over-represented you hand, and he's still coming at you. You did pay quite a bit for the info though. For an extra 1/2 bet you could have slowed down after his flop raise, and check called the turn and river. This way you get to see a showdown and get a chance to spike a jack on the river. Maybe this is a better line? You line tends to wins more if you are ahead of something like a 9 though. Not sure.

ZZZ