PDA

View Full Version : Two Call Downs

naphand
01-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Two hands where I found myself playing calling station, not something I do very much. Or maybe I just do it in the wrong spots... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

This kind of spot comes up again and again on the Forum, and I now realise that I had been giving a lot of thought to the play wrt who and was missing something that really now seems quite obvious. I am not surprised, but I am interested and given the number of posts on this line I am hoping one or two others can conribute to some discussion here, although it may just bew quite ordinary and I have been sleeping through my hands of late.... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HAND 1

PokerRoom $2/$4 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Naphand is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, CO folds, Naphand raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
UTG bets, Naphand calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
UTG bets, Naphand calls.

River: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
SB checks, Naphand calls.

HAND 2

PokerRoom $2/$4 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Naphand is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Naphand calls.

Flop: (3.75 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
Naphand bets, UTG raises, Button folds, Naphand calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
UTG bets, Naphand calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
UTG bets, Naphand raises, UTG calls.

Let's hear some comment. I am not sure if I have been missing something, or if I am just so shocked to draw out on the River... /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

NB.
Actually I have been missing something, which I intend to discuss after getting feedback.

Grisgra
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

River: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
SB checks, Naphand calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's just strong.

Grisgra
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Hand #1: I raise the flop. But I believe that he's got a pair or an eight (in which case my jack-outs are gone) when he takes the lead (though I guess could be a couple of hearts) so I'm not sure you have odds to call the turn in your line.

Hand #2: I call this one down too, absent any reads. But given that UTG limped, he probably isn't raising with overcards. He probably has a 7 or something like 88 or, if you're lucky, A2.

Given in Hand #2 that you're probably best if any A,5,or 3 comes, I think you've got odds to call to the river. And then you just have to find out what he open-limps with, UTG so you need to call regardless /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

PokerNoob
01-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Hand 1: I usually raise the flop here. If threebet and lead at, I can fold. River is bad for raising since the common loose limping JT gets there as did something with an eight, but I of course call (assuming he bet), since it could be a plethora of other face/ten and face/nine hands if he's loose.

Hand 2: Converter is so screwed up I can't tell the action. Turn gives you nine outs, so call. Definitely raise the river.

naphand
01-12-2005, 03:17 PM
WHAT A MESS. MY APOLOGIES. CORRECTED ACTION NOW RE-POSTED AS Two Call Downs CORRECTED (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1525058&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)