PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 4/8 Players...

ZenMusician
01-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi all.

I am a regular at the 'woods and have noticed the texture of the
4/8 and 5/10 games has changed in the last few months. I
had hoped we would see much more tourists playing due to
wonderful-for-us TV events like TILT and Celebrity Poker, etc.

It seems there has been a shaking of the tree somewhat and I am
curious to see if anyone else has noticed this and how they have
adjusted their game...(the 1/2 no limit is STILL weak and juicy
however!)

Thanks for looking

-ZEN

JoeU
01-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Zen,

I haven't been down much lately, but the last few times I've played, the games have been their usual loose/passive selves. Are you going on the weekends?, weekday?, day?, night? I'm sure when you go has an effect on what players are in the game at that time.

If I don't like the texture of the game I'm in, then I usually ask for a table change. The brush will put you on a table change list.

Joe

midas
01-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Zen:

I echo JoeU's comments and offer a few more:

1. The summer/tourist season is over in the FW area - no college students or vacationers putting FW on the itinerary.

2. The baby NL game has exploded - there were 5+ tables when I played on a Sunday a few weeks back vs. 3 5-10 tables. The NL games have sucked up many of the loose mid-limit players.

3. Table selection is key at these limits. I once jumped off a 5-10 table to a 4-8 table and saw more large pots in 1 hr of 4-8 than my last 3 hours at 5-10.

4. Depending on the day of the week and the time of day the FW 5-10 game will have a larger proportion of older rocks than the 4-8 games.

toots
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I was there on Saturday playing in a binky game ($2-4), and it was surprisingly tight. We saw it folded around to the blinds at least once an hour, and most of the hands seemed to have four or less to the flop. Still fairly loose by standards of what you'd see at higher limits, but to tell the truth, I'd never seen a blinds-chop at a $2-4 game before, much less several of them.

I'd assumed it was the snow keeping people at home, with the only ones venturing out being us degenerate gambooolers.

JoeU
01-12-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was there on Saturday playing in a binky game ($2-4), and it was surprisingly tight. We saw it folded around to the blinds at least once an hour, and most of the hands seemed to have four or less to the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Chopping in a $2-$4 game is a crime against humanity!

Tell me you were raising a bit more often! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

toots
01-12-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Chopping in a $2-$4 game is a crime against humanity!

Tell me you were raising a bit more often! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could, but unfortunately, I've let my game get a little weak lately. I realized that unless I got more aggressive, there was no way I'd beat the rake in that game, so I picked up and decided to go home and work on my aggression.

But, I had a friend at the table who was absolutely running over the other players with her aggression. Basically, my game sucked and hers didn't.

Which was more or less why I was playing at the binky tables instead of a real game. I've got some work to do on my game.

chesspain
01-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I played there yesterday (1/13), and when I arrived at 10:45am, the lists for 4/8 and 5/10 were 10+ deep. I got on both lists, and decided to play 4/8 when they opened a new table within fifteen minutes. I ended up staying at this table, since for most of the day it was 4-5 to the flop with little PF raising, unless someone had aces. In fact, it was so loose-passive and weak-tight that it was probably the best FW table I've had in a while. Booked a nice 25 BB win across six hours.