PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 plays for natedogg

10-26-2001, 05:01 PM
9-11 on the year. That disastrous week 5 is still hurting me.

DET/CIN over 40.

Detroit has actually been able to put up points since STL, and I believe they are probably looking at this game as their most likely chance for a win. On the other hand, Cincy has been

a bad road team and I figure they will continue to play badly on the road. 40 isn't too many points to expect from these teams. Some of the CIN defensive injuries make me think Detroit will be able to score. The only problem is that Detroit's receiving corps is depleted. That didn't stop them from scoring 24 on Tennessee. And on the other hand, although the defense was supposed to be a strength for Detroit this year, they have given up 28, 24, 35, 31, 27. Ouch. The under will hit if Cincy holds Detroit to under 10 or so, but I don't think that will happen.

Over 40 looks good to me.

NO +13.

For one, if NYG can cover 10, New Orleans can cover 13. Also, New Orleans won 2 out of 3 last year and they have actually been a really great road team, going 7-1 on the road last year. I got burned by them vs. Carolina, but I believe they will come into this game with something to prove and STL may be over-estimating their chances.

SD -7.5 over Buffalo.

People call this a grudge match and assume it will be close. Buffalo over-achieved vs. Jacksonville and Jacksonville isn't even that good. Buffalo has serious problems on both sides of the ball and they will be fully exposed by San Diego. And talk about a turnaround in defense! What a difference a new coordinator makes. After stumbling for a couple weeks under the new coordinator, SD really turned it on defensively last week and I expect them to continue with that attacking style of defense this week. Rob Johnson is the perfect target for the new defensive scheme in San Diego. Doug Flutie knows his opponents. This is such a crucial edge in this game. Flutie will absolutely be able to pick apart this team. And since Buffalo can't stop the run, still without Cowart, I think Ladainian will get some yards too. I really think this is going to be a slaughter.

DEN -7 over New England.

New England is getting the benefit of the doubt after two surprising wins over Indy. Well, we saw last night that Indy isn't to be feared. They were within range of losing to KC. Denver returning to Mile High. This game was already discussed a bit below, and I think Denver will come through.

Tampa/Min under 39.

In Min, on the turf, this game was 36. At home in Tampa, without an offense in Tampa, this game looks to be another low-scoring affair. I got burned ONCE by Tampa on the unders (vs. Ten) but so far this year the unders have been great. As a side note, I expect Tampa to win this game, but I won't bet on it. However, I absolutely expect this game to stay under two touchdowns for each team.

Washington/NYG under 33.5

I take the under on all Washington games this year until I see a reason to stop. And I'm think I may start doing the same for all NYG games. /images/smile.gif

natedogg

10-26-2001, 05:19 PM
cin only scored about a touch a game on the road this year , but that was against pittsburgh and san diego...gotta figger better production against the lions...hope you're right,,,i like the game over too...might be over at halftime...jmho..gl