PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2001FP Question - please help

MasterShakes
01-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Edit: Crossposted in Internet Gambling

I recently received two Dell 2001FP monitors. They were connected to my computer and seemed to be functioning just fine yesterday. Now, one is still functioning perfectly, but the quality on the other is off. It's somewhat subtle but I notice that there is something of a wavy quality to the screen. It is most noticeable when you take a window that is moveable (like a poker table or lobby) and drag it across the monitor. You can see little verticle waves moving across the window (this is the best way to describe it). The other monitor doesn't do this. It's bugging me.

The only thing I can think of is changing USB ports, and I've already tried that. If anybody has a simple explanation for what is going on, I would appreciate it. I really want to avoid the frustrating chore of talking to Dell support, with what will probably be a follow up of sending the monitor back.

Please help if you can.

Meech
01-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Make sure nothing magnetic is close to your monitors. I've had this happen with some speakers and a window fan that was 2-3 feet away.

Also, if you flip-flop the connections to your computer, does the problem follow the connection or the monitor?

MasterShakes
01-12-2005, 01:29 PM
I changed the connections (I had been using both monitors in the same video card) and it seems to work fine now. THANK YOU.