PDA

View Full Version : Questions on all streets

JeffO
01-12-2005, 12:06 PM
I don't recall any specific reads. I'm at work pokertracker is at home. I find myself saying that a lot. I think I'll buy a voice recorder so that I can make verbal notes to myself. Then when I pull up the hand history from my mailbox I can go to my voice recorder and find my reads.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

My thinking here is to see the turn for 1 SB and if the turn isn't a /images/graemlins/club.gif I'd raise. Who raises this flop?

Turn: (5.83 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

How is my cap? At this point I'm likely behind, yet even if I am I have 10 clean outs.

River: (17.83 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River is a no brainer. Thoughts?

Final Pot: 19.83 BB

JasonP530
01-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Normally I raise the flop, but i like your not raising it to see a blank turn. Neither of them will fold a club for one more bet, so a club is bad news. Good idea to get 2 in when a blank comes. I moan and groan when he 3 bets though, and I dont think I would cap it. I hope he showed you T9 or a set as opposed to a raggedy flopped flush.

Fianchetto
01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
The only street I would question is the turn.

I wouldn't cap it there, just call the three bet since it looks like you are drawing. You have 10 outs; you're about 3.6 : 1 to fill up or better, but with only two opponents you don't have the overlay to pump it up before you get there.

The rest of the hand looks good.

Peter_rus
01-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I would show great action on flop and slow down on turn afraiding complete flush. I like singles /images/graemlins/club.gif to pay out their draw till i have very good chances to beat their flush if it's happened. I also don't like your turn cap without decent read on BB.

AceHigh
01-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I would cap it on the flop because you have a player trapped between you and the BB and because you may be drawing or you may be ahead. With so many outs if you are behind, and the possiblilty of getting action from someone with a bare /images/graemlins/club.gif it is either slightly +EV or hugely +EV to cap on the flop.

Also, after I cap the flop, I know to just call the turn if BB bets out, because he likely has the flush.

If I waited until the turn to raise I would not cap it because the BB 3-bet means a flush most of the time here.

Paluka
01-12-2005, 02:33 PM
I actually think you played this ok. Against a known solid player you can just call the 3 bet on the turn.

JeffO
01-12-2005, 04:08 PM
BB shows A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the nut flush and MHING

jogger08152
01-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Preflop: sure, KO the blinds if you can
Flop: Nope, I call here too, same reasons. Way better to raise the turn.
Turn: on PP 15/30, you don't have to be behind. Cap is okay because you're likely ahead and you have 10 outs if you don't.
River: yep.

Good play. Hope you won it.

jogger08152
01-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm surprised he was this aggressive with the nut flush on the flop. Interesting hand.