PDA

View Full Version : For those that play during non-prime fish hrs (pa-5p), do you go down

AA suited
01-12-2005, 11:28 AM
If you play During normal work hrs (m-f 9a-5p EST):

do you play at lower $ SnGs?

ie: if you were $100+9, do you play 50+5?
If $50+5, do u play 30+3?
if 30+3, do you stay at 30+3?

El Maximo
01-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Once I started using Aleo's spreadsheet I realized that AM hours were horrible for me. Afternoon was profitable but not as profitable as Evening. My solution was to stop playing in AM. I use that time to do other things to free up my evenings. This is also a good time to read 2+2, books, and go over hand histories. If I play in the afternoon it is usually working off some bonus or playing some MTTs. You could start tracking your results by time. Maybe dropping a level or 2 but adding some tables would be more profitable. I play mainly prime time now and my ROI has thanked me for it.

hansarnic
01-12-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once I started using Aleo's spreadsheet I realized that AM hours were horrible for me. Afternoon was profitable but not as profitable as Evening. My solution was to stop playing in AM. I use that time to do other things to free up my evenings. This is also a good time to read 2+2, books, and go over hand histories. If I play in the afternoon it is usually working off some bonus or playing some MTTs. You could start tracking your results by time. Maybe dropping a level or 2 but adding some tables would be more profitable. I play mainly prime time now and my ROI has thanked me for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about v. late night / early hrs of the morning?

rachelwxm
01-12-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about v. late night / early hrs of the morning?

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience is that 11-12pm EST is the best time weekdays. After 2-3 am it becomes harder.

I count the number of tables just to get a idea roughly how bad the game is. The more tables, the better I feel about winning. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

El Maximo
01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
This is bed time for me. I need my beauty rest.

K C
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
This is a very important thing to keep track of IMO. I've found the following:

Very late at night and early morning, things appear to slow down and tighten up. Unless you're playing at Prima, which is full of Euro players and it's during the day there.

Daytime is a little better, but not as good as evenings.

Evenings are best, and even better is a Fri or Sat nite, when a lot of drinking is going on /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saturdays all day are a bonanza.

Sundays for some reason appear to be a little tougher. Dunno why, maybe people are more sober /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As a general rule, it seems that the more players overall that are online at a particular time, the better the fishing is.

KC
http://kingcobrapoker.com

Absolution
01-12-2005, 02:53 PM
It probably depends a lot on the site as well. I play only UB right now, but I find even the low buy SnGs pretty tight at almost all times (there are a few yahoos at level 1, but they are usually gone fast or have a big stack and then tighten up as well). The mornings are brutal. It's rare to get 3 handed before level 7. What's funny is, the UB points SnGs are much more difficult than the low buy real money. I think a lot of good players play them to waste time and build up their points so they can use them to enter MTTs. I suppose it makes me a better player, but generally I find it ends up being 4 guys trading blinds for a few levels until they get so big it becomes a luckfest. That's what I don't like about SnGs lately.

zaxx19
01-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Really?? I play on UB exclusively and do quite well.(38% ROI so far in a rather small sampling). Oh damn I forgot to mention I play only 6 handed SNG and at 5-10$ levels and never multitable. Try the 6 handed tables there GRRRREEAT.

rachelwxm
01-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that's why I need 3 tea and 1 coffee during the day to keep me from sleeping during work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

El Maximo
01-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Try chocolate covered coffee beans. They kick ass. Eat and handful of them and watch your head pop off.

Absolution
01-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm bad, I don't keep track. I did download the spreadsheet though so I might have to start. I guess I just want them to be a pushover. Even the bad players know to be super tight with 4 left. It's annoying though. It's really annoying when the shortstackes (like 3 or 4 bb left) make comebacks when the blinds get big and knock you out before the money. Grrrr...