PDA

View Full Version : AKo, weak or right play?

jah0550
01-12-2005, 10:06 AM
No real reads yet, because its about 4-5 hands into the tourney.
Last night on Party $30 SNG. Blinds t15-10 handed. Hero(775) is on the SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG(800) min raises to 30. UTG+1(895) raises to 60. UTG+2(670) calls 60. Hero?
I am thinking this is a raise/push or fold. I know that just calling here is a huge mistake. I was 99% sure that UTG would call the remaining 30. I know that AK is a solid hand, but from early position with a raise and reraise, does it lose a lot of value? I did end up laying it down PF, but was it the right play? Is it the right play about everytime in this situation(where it's early and you are facing a raise and reraise with one person calling the reraise when you are way out of position)?
Results:
Flop:
J /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG bets 150. UTG+1 calls 150. UTG+2(610) raises all-in. UTG calls. UTG+1 calls too.
Turn:
Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG is all-in. UTG+1 calls.
River:
2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG+1 had J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+2 had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

jah0550
01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
*message deleted*

Myst
01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
I dont think you can lay this down preflop. With that said, I would tread with caution and just call the raise/reraise. if that particular flop hit, I would have bet 1/2 the pot, and would fold to any reraise.

Xhiggy
01-12-2005, 02:37 PM
in a SNG (especially a 4-5 handed one), there is no way you should be laying this down preflop. especially against just a min-raise utg and two calls. in fact, I think the callers should make it even more clear that you should raise. unless you had some sort of read on the UTG raiser, to me you are playing this 100%. it's just a matter of how much you want to raise. I'd raise it to 200 or so. you're only afraid of two hands, and even if you are reraised all-in, you can do the math (list his possible hands, and your odds against each one, and the probability he has each one, and how much you stand to win) and it's a clear call.

just calling at first is not that great since AKo plays much better with a reduced field. if you were facing a standard sized raise UTG (such as to 70), then calling is a possibility (especially if no one else has called).