PDA

View Full Version : Quick starting hand question....

boondockst
01-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($10)
Hero ($7.10)
BB ($4.10)
UTG ($6.05)
MP1 ($4.77)
MP2 ($7.70)
CO ($3.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.35</font>, Hero ???

I know A2o is crap but 3-handed do i call that raise or am i correct to fold on that "what board do you dominate that'll get you action rule"???? (i folded and so did the BB)

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Easy fold. The only time i ever VPIP w/ A2o is when stealing.

boondockst
01-12-2005, 09:59 AM
figured so....

just wondered if heads-up it was playable in anyone's opinion....say heads up vs. a very aggressive player

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 10:04 AM
I only steal blinds w/ this hand.

TheWorstPlayer
01-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't even look at the action to muck that hand. Don't complete with it in the small blind if there are 8 limpers. OK, fine, do. But only then.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't even look at the action to muck that hand. Don't complete with it in the small blind if there are 8 limpers. OK, fine, do. But only then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be less inclined to complete w/ 8 limpers than w/ 1 or 0.

TheWorstPlayer
01-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Why? With one or two limpers you still have a good chance of being dominated. With 8 limpers I would complete with any two.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why? With one or two limpers you still have a good chance of being dominated. With 8 limpers I would complete with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a beter chance of being dominated w/ 8 limpers. Sure you have insanely good pot odds and great implied odds, but you really have to hit the flop hard.

Also i play 6 max, so if there are 8 limpers i would crap my pants.

boondockst
01-12-2005, 10:22 AM
it's been posted before though, with 8 limpers, what flop are you comfortable with? let me quote that persons' post:

In order to use implied odds you need to have a hand which is capable of winning a large pot. With A2o you'll have a hard enough time even winning the small pots, let alone big ones. Even two pair with A2 is a shaky hand as you will often run into the bigger two pair or you'll end up counterfeited by the board pairing (A8278, etc). Even a wheel is the bottom end of the straight. Making deuces full leaves you vulnerable to sets which made the big full house. Making aces full is a little bit stronger, but on that AJ2KA board are you sure you're not up against AK or AJ? I mean, they must have *something* in order to play a big pot against you. Making quads is probably good, but will you get action?

one of the best worded posts i've ever read here.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's been posted before though, with 8 limpers, what flop are you comfortable with? let me quote that persons' post:

In order to use implied odds you need to have a hand which is capable of winning a large pot. With A2o you'll have a hard enough time even winning the small pots, let alone big ones. Even two pair with A2 is a shaky hand as you will often run into the bigger two pair or you'll end up counterfeited by the board pairing (A8278, etc). Even a wheel is the bottom end of the straight. Making deuces full leaves you vulnerable to sets which made the big full house. Making aces full is a little bit stronger, but on that AJ2KA board are you sure you're not up against AK or AJ? I mean, they must have *something* in order to play a big pot against you. Making quads is probably good, but will you get action?

one of the best worded posts i've ever read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about it being "well worded" but that is exactly my point. I see it as a reverse implied odds situation.

TheWorstPlayer
01-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Dude, for $.15 into a $2.50 pot you pretty much have odds to look to flop quads. And don't you think it is a little paranoid to think that the only action you'll get on an A22 flop is from AA? On that flop I would be very happy getting my money in the middle. Or K22. Or Q22. Or J22.