PDA

View Full Version : Empire Poker Meetup - Sat at Trump Marina

Luv2DriveTT
01-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Who is going to attend? 7PM start. I just got the confirmation email from Empire. Sounds like an easy bonus to clear, you don't even have to prove you are staying in a hotel... instant $150!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Player,

Thank you for confirming your participation in the EmpirePoker Atlantic City Event to be held this coming Saturday.

A few important details regarding this exciting event:

Time and Location
The reception will be held in the Grand Cayman Ball Room at the Trump Marina Hotel (www.trumpmarina.com) in Atlantic City on January 15th, at 7:00pm EST.

Hotel Reimbursement
The $150 rebate will be transferred ONLY to the Empire Poker account under your name (details will be collected during the event). You do not need to bring a receipt of your hotel bill to the event, but just a proof of identification and your Empire Poker Real Money Account Username.

Poker Seminar
Following the reception, WSOP Champion Brad Daugherty will be holding a poker seminar at 9:00pm EST at the same location. The seminar will focus on poker strategy and tips, and you are welcome to stay and receive interesting tips and how-to's from a World Champion.

Reception
The reception will be hosted by Playboy Playmates Kimberly Holland, Stephanie Glasson & Julie McCullough. During the reception, we will hold a raffle where 20 participants will win a $220 entry into a WSOP Circuit Satellite. The winners will receive the entry money into their Empire Poker Real Money Accounts.

For any additional questions, please write ep@empirepoker.com.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

The Empire Poker Team

[/ QUOTE ]

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

jar
01-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I'll probably be there.

MaxPower
01-12-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm going. I'll be at the Borgata Friday night and Saturday so PM me if you want to meet up before this Empire thing.

It doesn't seem like a lot of 2+2ers will be there.

Luv2DriveTT
01-12-2005, 12:57 PM
I'd guess 5 to 10 of us. You want me to page Max Power?I'll make it so!

MaxPower
01-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I'll PM you my cell number.

Homer
01-12-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd guess 5 to 10 of us. You want me to page Max Power?I'll make it so!

[/ QUOTE ]

You could page Homer as well if you can't find his alter ego (that would be Max Power if you aren't a fan of the Simpsons). It would be nice if we could just caravan over to the Marina.

slogger
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
I'll be at Borgata Sat. late morning with a coupla 2+2 lurkers from NY.

If someone's planning to gather the group at a particular time, PM me and let me know by Friday.

Luv2DriveTT
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Not too much room in my tiny TT, but if you two are Evan sized, I think it is possible!

tripdad
01-12-2005, 05:38 PM
my wife and i are leaving tomorrow evening, and will stay somewhere close to NJ tomorrow night. we have reservations for FRI and SAT at Trump Marina. we'll most likely be playing at the Borgata all day friday, then my wife is entering the ladies only event saturday morning at 11:00 at harrah's, and i'll try a satellaite or 2 for the main event.

i, at least will be at the empire party saturday, and probably my wife as well (so long as she won't feel intimidated by the playmates).

looking forward to meeting some of you...though i may be one of the older ones there at 32, and can't drink like i used to /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

cheers!

Luv2DriveTT
01-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I beat you by 4 years mate.... 36.

DrPublo
01-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I will be at the Borgata from early Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon. I think because my Empire balance was $0 at the time they sent out the promotion emails, I never got the Hararh's invite. That or my ISP thought it was spam. Nevertheless the games will be soft, I'm sure, so I'm looking to take advantage.

Looking forward to saying hello to some people I've met before, and meeting new ones.

The Doc

MaxPower
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I am also an old man in my 30s. The young kids are all hanging out with Bunky this weekend. Homer is young, but I think he an old man at heart:)

Luv2DriveTT
01-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Doc - Bring the visor. You have heard of must move tables? This is a must-visor event.

It will be good to see you again mate, I had a blast last time!

tripdad
01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
am i the only one going with his wife/girlfriend? she loves poker, and her birthday is the 19th, so i couldn't very well go solo.

cheers!

slogger
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Wow, I'm surprised to be coming in at the younger end at 27.

I would've been AARP material compared to the Bunky/NYC crowd this weekend! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jar
01-12-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm prolly bringing up the young end at 22, so you can feel old again if you want.

moondogg
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be at the Borgata from early Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon. I think because my Empire balance was $0 at the time they sent out the promotion emails, I never got the Hararh's invite. That or my ISP thought it was spam. Nevertheless the games will be soft, I'm sure, so I'm looking to take advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't matter. Email ep@empirepoker.com and tell them you are going. I know people who just signed up this week after the invites were sent, and got confirmation that Empire would give them the $150 if they showed up. According to Empire, no proof of hotel stay is required.

CptMisery
01-12-2005, 07:59 PM
I'll be there with my business partner. PM me if there is some kind of get together.

Luv2DriveTT
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Just follow this thread, thats the best sollution.

Has anyone ever been to the Marina before? Whats the best placce for us all to meet at 6:45PM? I Dr. Pueblio wears his visor, he will be the easiest one to find.

DrewOnTilt
01-13-2005, 01:01 AM
I'll follow this thread but if somebody sets a meeting place please PM me. Thanks!

Luv2DriveTT
01-13-2005, 09:18 PM
MEETING PLACE #1:

12 Noon - Rear of the front Desk in the Borg poker room.

MEETING PLACE #2:

6:30PM - Rear of the front Desk in the Borg poker room.

MEETING PLACE #3:

Since it seems that none of us have ever been to the Trump Marina, I'm going to bring nametags. Yes, I know it's silly... but just look around for your fellow 2+2'ers nametags and you will find us somehow. At least this way represent in a big way! If this is overly gay (not that there is anything wrong with that... is it obvious I love Seinfeld?) let me know and post a better idea.

Homer
01-13-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this is overly gay (not that there is anything wrong with that... is it obvious I love Seinfeld?) let me know and post a better idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of the part in Rounders when they were playing against the suckers in town for a convention...

mostsmooth
01-13-2005, 11:31 PM
ill try to get to the borg by 630. does anybody know how long we have to hang around the marina to be sure we score the $150?

Luv2DriveTT
01-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I will stick around until there is green in my pocket. Or I want to play more 6/12. Whatever comes first.

Hey... they might set up tables for us at TRUMP.... now THAT would be cool!

slogger
01-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Escept we'd probably be playing only against each other (which is fine if we get a full table and LAG it up with a nice 2-4 game.

jdaddy04
01-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Long time lurker first time poster. I will be attending. Has a meeting place been determined for 2+2 get together? Maybe a lunch at Borgata buffet or something?

Luv2DriveTT
01-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Read the thread from the top.

RollaJ
01-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Im leaving Brooklyn about 4pm. Si I should make it down ther by 6:37 if all goes as planned. That being the case I will head straight to the Marina. If you cant find me..... you are blind Ill be the biggest guy there /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ...... Prob beige jeans black button down

Hope the PBB strip down for us /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mostsmooth
01-15-2005, 09:44 PM
i was running late so i just went straight to the marina. i didnt see anybody there i knew, so i signed up for my $150, got my polo shirt and went home. i forgot to go in and check out the playboy bunnies (damn im stupid)
fyi some of you may have found out, they werent giving regular members the $150, just VIPs.
did anybody else get more than a shirt? when i signed up and told the girl i was a VIP, some guy said "if hes a vip he gets the whole package". all i got was the shirt and $150. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MaxSquat
01-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Dang...thats cool....but 150 for only the VIPs!?!?! now that sucks...i wanted to go but had to stay home (maryland...family obligations)....so am here playing 2/4 O8 +$315 /images/graemlins/cool.gif...

if anyone does not want their shirt then send me a msg...i may buy it from ya

Luv2DriveTT
01-17-2005, 12:42 AM
I think they told you wrong, they ment RSVPs, not VIPS.

In the end, anyone who signed up with Empire on the spot got the $150, plus a deposit bonus of $100. Ownage!