PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat bug you?

Onaflag
01-12-2005, 06:17 AM
I adore the cats, but we got a new siamese (sp?) kitten who doesn't know to stay off the friggin' keyboard. The older and much bigger taffy (type ?) steps gingerly around it. How many times have you messed up your hand (poker) because of the cat?

The whole sleeping on the monitor while I'm playing thing is cute and all, but this keyboard pouncing has to stop.

Onaflag..........

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many times have you messed up your hand (poker) because of the cat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never happened to me. But this definitely wouldn't happen more than once. I can guarantee you that.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 10:18 AM
I had a cat that did that. I would just gently shove her off the table.

Shajen
01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many times have you messed up your hand (poker) because of the cat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never happened to me. But this definitely wouldn't happen more than once. I can guarantee you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you hatin on the kitten man? It's just trying to get his attention.

It's what cats do. Kinda like a dog licking peanut butter off your nuts.

I mean....uh.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NJchick
01-12-2005, 10:58 AM
I have 2 Oriental Shorthairs that sit on my monitor and do the keyboard dance. Parking their furry rumps on the monitor is for warmth. Walking all over the keyboard is to get my attention. Your kitten just wants to play. Its his/her way of saying, "Hey I am here..play with meeeeeee."

I usually have a stash of treats next to my computer which I toss on the ground to get their attention.Keeps them busy. If your kitten persists. Try to train it to sit in your lap. That does the trick for mine and I can give them the TLC they crave and still keep busy on the computer.

Good Luck

IsaacW
01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I have a kitten that does this all the time when I'm playing poker. She's never messed up a hand, but does occasionally type gibberish in the chat box. One day she typed JJJJ, but sadly I did not pick up quad jacks...

I agree that you should try to train your kitten to sit in your lap. Whenever mine steps up on the desk I pick her up and put her in my lap. Eventually she'll learn /images/graemlins/grin.gif