PDA

View Full Version : TP on a monotone board

wuarhg
01-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Villain is 14/5, PF-AGG: 2

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button <font color="#A500AF">(TA-N)</font> calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, TA-N calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TA-N raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">TA-N bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

wuarhg
01-12-2005, 10:57 AM
bmap

Fat Nicky
01-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Against someone with a PF Aggression of 2, folding is probably the correct play. The amount of hands you have on this player should be a factor as well. The less hands you have on him, the less his AF is developed, the more inclined i am to call down.

adamstewart
01-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Hmmm.. that's a tough one. I'm interesting in what others have to say here as well.

Button (TA-N) cold-called two bets preflop. Then appears to have slow-played a hand until the turn.

I think you have to give respect to his Turn raise. By him raising, he appears to be saying he has your pair of aces beat.

What could he have? A set seems very likely here, or a made flush, or maybe AK. Given the board of A,9,6,2, it's unlikley that a "Tight Aggr" player has caught two pair here. (So the fact that you, yourself, catch two pair on the river is insiginificant).

BUT, what if he's raising with A,J or even AQ?

All in all, a fold seems in order here. I just can't tell whether it should be on the turn or river...

Adam

adamstewart
01-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Fold where?

To the turn raise, or on the river?

Adam

phillydilly
01-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Gotta love the flop here...

preflop and flop are standard
turn, i'd bet and probably fold,
if button is TA-N, he call your flop bet with AK AQ AJ? KQs? and some pairs

AK, you lose
AQ, you chop, if Qc, you lose 1/5 of the time
AJ, you win, if Jc, you lose 1/5 of the time
KcQc, you're behind, if KQ is of another suit, I dont think he'd pull this move

If the player was TA-A, I'd think he may be making a move, but TA-N, I think hes got it

just my thoughts