PDA

View Full Version : Folded to the button

NateDog
01-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Raise AXs on the button and first in the pot if X<7?

Now suppose BB calls and flop is: A middle middle (both bigger than X)?

I'm obviously having trouble with this scenario.

Shillx
01-12-2005, 05:40 AM
Depends a lot on the blinds. I will not raise A4s for example if they overdefend. If they are on the tight side then any Axs is worth a raise. I honestly don't know about typical players. I would assume it is a raise but I like to keep my image intact so I usually fold. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bet any flop (when checked to) that you steal raise. You can't just bet the flops that you miss. You have to bet when you flop top pair as well.

Brad

NateDog
01-12-2005, 05:44 AM
"Kicker Trouble" repeats itself over and over and over in my head.

Am I making a -EV play here against typical micro players who often don't even comprehend a steal?

Shillx
01-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Out of position you can do some things with top pair aces. When the guy checks to you, you have to bet a pair of aces unless you think that you can induce a bluff on the next street. When you raise on the button with Axs and the BB calls you, he will have a better ace a very small % of the time. He might have a small pair that he will call all the way with. He might have some suited junk that he will see a turn/river with. You get the idea here.

Brad

NateDog
01-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Assuming the situation we've described, and the turn does not obviously improve any hand, fold to a raise? With 2 more or less random cards in the blinds, I'm probably behind two pair and have 5 clean outs to aces up. The pot will be small (4BB) and should the board pair, I can't call a bet on the river. Is this the right line?

Thanks for the help Brad, I am just starting to get the hang of this whole newfangled poker thing /images/graemlins/grin.gif . Oh yeah, and 52o UTG is an auto raise right?