PDA

View Full Version : The Motorcycle Diaries : A Word of Advice

GuyOnTilt
01-12-2005, 04:09 AM
See it. One of the best films I've seen in a while. The film is based on Che Guevara's Diarios de Motocicleta, telling the story of him, Alberto Granado, and an old beat up 500cc. Taking a year off of his medical studies and ignoring his parents' advice, Che agrees to leave the upper-middle class lifestyle he grew up in and join older friend Alberto on a year long journey exploring the backroads of South America. They set out with specific goals in mind, but as the weeks and the miles drag on they find themselves concerned less and less about deadlines and more about experiencing and learning about the people and places they encounter along the way. The movie stays away from making a political stament, so if that's what you're looking for, you won't find it. But you will find a film that will give you a lot to think about and a tremendous story of personal conviction and social inequities. If you haven't already, find an indy theatre in your area playing this and see it.

You can see a trailer for the film here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/the_motorcycle_diaries.html).

GoT

nothumb
01-12-2005, 04:12 AM
It was indeed a good movie. You get a good idea that he will turn into a radical of some sort, but the film doesn't really judge the politics themselves, it is really a personal story.

NT

busguy
01-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Easily one of the 10 best films of 2004 in my opinion.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif busguy

DeezNuts
01-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Amores Perros. See it.

Dunno why I am posting it here except that it has Gael Garcia Bernal and is a recent Spanish language film.

Motorcycle Diaries was very good as well.

DN