PDA

View Full Version : I have the ignorant end of a 4 card straight

Alobar
01-12-2005, 03:34 AM
If I had a read at the time, I dont remember what it was now.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

Hows my line? Or should I bet betting the turn to avoid the free card situation, do I fold to a c/r?

Trix
01-12-2005, 03:56 AM
I bet the turn and call down without a read. I dont think he limps a Q that often.

Scotch78
01-12-2005, 04:13 AM
I like this line. It loses less when you're behind and I don't think it wins less when you're ahead. The only way I see it winning less is if MP picked up a flush draw, but I'd say that's easily balanced by the chances of inducing a bluff or a mistaken value bet from a pair that would've folded the turn.

Scott