PDA

View Full Version : How did both players play this hand?

jedi
01-12-2005, 03:21 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I was one of these players. How did we do? I'll post my thoughts after a few responses.

CO ($100)
Button ($85.60)
SB ($41.80)
BB ($78)
UTG ($31.30)
UTG+1 <font color="#A500AF">(Player B)</font> ($26.10)
MP1 ($101.40)
MP2 ($39.55)
Player A ($91.35)

Preflop: CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 <font color="#A500AF">(Player B)</font> raises to $2</font>, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, Player A calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($13.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Player B checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Player A checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($13.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Player B bets $1</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Player A raises to $8</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Player B calls $7.

River: ($29.50) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Player B checks, <font color="#CC3333">Player A bets $17</font>, Player B calls $16.10 (All-In).

Final Pot: $62.60

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Player B has Tc Jc (flush, jack high).
Player A has 5c Ac (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Player A wins $62.59. </font>

ericlambi
01-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Before I look at the results . . . Player B played the hand poorly.

Pre-flop: stoopid min-raises.
Turn: stoopid $1 bet into $13 pot.
River: If he had a hand strong enough to call a bet that big, it was dumb that he wasn't betting. I really hope he didn't have 22 or river a club draw (my money is on this).

Player A seemed to play sanely, but I don't know what he has. Probably a hand with a 6 a 9 or both.

TheWorstPlayer
01-12-2005, 04:24 AM
Actually, I think player A's play is potentially brilliant, depending on whether he thought on this level or not. Player B has min-raised preflop. That always says to me either a pocket pair or some gimpy hand like QJs or JTs. Now, if it is a pocket pair, they will almost always bet the flop hoping the other guy has overs and didn't connect. This guy didn't bet the flop. That says to me that he has the gimpy hand. But wait, what's this? He is betting very very weakly on the turn? Hmm...maybe he has picked up a draw and wants me to give him odds to draw for it. Well, now there is a club draw on the board, so if that is it then it fits very well with him having a gimpy QJ/images/graemlins/club.gif. Given that this is the case, Player A has the better hand and should give odds to draw to the club (in which case he'll take his stack) but not odds to draw to the overcards. Perfect raise.

If Player A thought that he was bluffing on the turn, I don't like it.

Edit: BTW, I know you are Player A.

jedi
01-12-2005, 12:48 PM
My comments:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes, I was player A. After the hand, player B said "Stupid [censored] fish!" Of course, I just responded with "lol" as he left the table.

I think the turn raise was the biggest worry here. The $1 bet into the pot really didn't seem right to me, and by that it's "I want you to fold," not "I have a monster." So I raise on the turn with my flush draw and I'm fully prepared to 1) fold to a reraise and 2) check behind on the river if I don't improve.

I thought that he wouldn't have been able to call unless he had a 6, and if he did, he'd probably come over the top of me.

TheWorstPlayer
01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
So you don't like how I put him on his hand from the min-raise preflop, huh?