PDA

View Full Version : Protecting the pot with KK

Redd
01-12-2005, 03:08 AM
Pacific $0.05/$0.10 (10 Handed).

Just sat down.

Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif. <font color="red">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, all call.

Flop comes 6/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players, 20SB). Hero...

So this one had me a little stumped. First, I thought that I should bet out to protect. Then, I thought that in a pot this size with this draw-heavy board, I can't give anyone crappy odds with a bet, so maybe I should try to check-raise a LP bettor. Then, I realized that if I check, UTG is the most likely bettor, so my c/r might not protect at all. Then I realized how bad a free card was. Then I played the hand, and wondered if I made the correct play. And here we are.

What would you do here?

Redd

prayformojo
01-12-2005, 03:18 AM
Just bet out. The pot is 20SB on the flop. No amount of check raising will make it wrong for a flush draw or OESD to call. You're not going to protect your hand, but you've probably got the best of it right now. Get money in the pot. Bet out, and re-raise if UTG raises.

Redd
01-12-2005, 03:25 AM
Thanks very much for your input. I also decided just to get the bets in when I was winning and bet out. Rest of the hand is pretty boring but the cowboys held up and rode off into the sunset with a big friggin' pot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif