PDA

View Full Version : KJo between Rock and Taz

milesdyson
01-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Reads: MP1 is 19/3/.6 over 70 hands. MP2 is 39/14/8 over 40 hands. Yes, an AF of 8+ with a 39% VPIP. Anyway, he was a pretty crazy bitch.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">MP1's calling two cold worries me a bit.</font>

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue">This is my futile attempt to get MP1 out of the hand. It fails, and at this very moment I decide I'm check calling the river.</font>

River: (14.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

<font color="blue">Joo like?</font>

Shillx
01-12-2005, 02:55 AM
I dunno this hand is pretty tough to analyze because MP1 looks more like a calling station then anything else. He doesn't look like much of a rock to me. Rocks don't bet draws so his flop bet should mean at least top pair. I also don't see why he would keep calling with a weaker king but I might be wrong. I might just call the turn and river in this hand.

Brad

nolanfan34
01-12-2005, 03:01 AM
Looks OK. I can't see anywhere that I would be able to either get away from the hand, or throw in another raise.

The thing about rocks is, AK is one hand that a lot of them won't raise with. And with their rockish nature, it wouldn't surprise me to see MP1 turn over AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif, or something like that. When you don't blow him out on the turn, the river play is exactly what I'd do.

milesdyson
01-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Well he's been updated to sLP-P. He must've been getting a bad string of cards, but his VPIP is up to around 25 now.

But obviously I give the reads I have when the hand goes down, not necessarily the most current read. The rock not betting a draw is what really made me put him on top pair.

Turns out he had J9/images/graemlins/spade.gif and did bet his draw on the flop.

MP2 had KTo and MHIG. I was pretty surprised.

nolanfan34
01-12-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well he's been updated to sLP-P. He must've been getting a bad string of cards, but his VPIP is up to around 25 now.

But obviously I give the reads I have when the hand goes down, not necessarily the most current read. The rock not betting a draw is what really made me put him on top pair.

Turns out he had J9/images/graemlins/spade.gif and did bet his draw on the flop.

MP2 had KTo and MHIG. I was pretty surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still like the line. Nice hand.

milesdyson
01-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Thanks.