PDA

View Full Version : 88 Post Flop

AdamL
01-12-2005, 01:25 AM
The 6am Eastern-Time crowd at Party. You know the ones.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

I can release if raised. Might pick up the pot. Might have the best hand. If he has just a pair of K's, he'll probably pay off. Etc.

Nick C
01-12-2005, 11:23 AM
I think the turn bet is fine. Hopefully Button will raise the turn (instead of waiting until the river) if he has a bigger flush, and hopefully he won't if he doesn't.

Redeye
01-12-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can release if raised. Might pick up the pot. Might have the best hand. If he has just a pair of K's, he'll probably pay off. Etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting hand, I think. What do you want him to fold here? What do you want to be called with? I know you said you can fold to a raise, but do you think you can get more bets out of this guy if he doesn't have a heart?

Basically, I'm wondering if you check will villian still bet hands without a heart. If so, I think letting him bet your flush is good. If you check and he checks, he might call a bet on the river thinking your taking a stab at the pot where on the turn he might fold hand without a heart.

adamstewart
01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
There was a "rule" that someone told me a few days back...

"When a four-flush hits the board, and you're heads up ... be the first to bet, regardless of what you have."

I think it applies to this situation.

Adam

adamstewart
01-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Keep in mind, there are actually only 3 hearts that are higher than your's...

Adam

Redeye
01-12-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"When a four-flush hits the board, and you're heads up ... be the first to bet, regardless of what you have."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be referring to Clarkmeister's Theorem, but that applies for when a four flush hits on the river, you are heads up, and you are out of position.

adamstewart
01-12-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be referring to Clarkmeister's Theorem, but that applies for when a four flush hits on the river, you are heads up, and you are out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda similar situation, though, don't you think?

Redeye
01-12-2005, 12:57 PM
I just don't see the point in betting out. If villian doesn't have a heart, he folds probably drawing near dead to our hand. If he has the 9 of hearts or Q of hearts he probably will call leaving you in a difficult situation on the river, bet, check-call, check-fold? If he has the ace, you get raised and fold right there. If he has a small heart he may fold the turn but call one bet on the river. I think checking and calling if he bets or betting the river if he checks would possibly get more out of the villian. I'd be interested in counter arguments here though.

As for the similarities between this situation and Clarkmeister's theorem: I think that on the river, our bet with a middle heart gets called a lot more often by non-flush hands and is a part of why you bet out.

Sarge85
01-12-2005, 01:01 PM
I think your turn bet is fine....but your flop bet?

What will call you here?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

spydog
01-12-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What will call you here?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

More reason to bet, isn't it?

Fat Nicky
01-12-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What will call you here?

Sarge

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, it's more like what will fold here

AdamL
01-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Well, there is a pot there to be won. Now, he can have a range of hands that aren't improved on this flop. Somebody has to win the pot, and that person isn't going to win it by checking.

I tend to bet a LOT of flops with small #'s of opponents when I have anything at all. The reason is just because so often people aren't happy with their hand. Even if he paired up (which is only about 1/3 of the time heads-up), he could have bottom or middle pair and not want to bother with the tango.