PDA

View Full Version : QQ. Man did I screw this up. When should I have mucked?

kongo_totte
01-12-2005, 01:21 AM
NL $1 BB Full ring Online. I´m dealt Q Q in the SB. I just sat down and have $100. Villain OTB covers me.

MP raises to $2 first in, MP2 calls, MP3 raises to $3, button calls, I make it $8, MP2, MP3 and button calls. 4 to the flop.

Flop ($35): 5s 3h 4c

I make it $20. folded to button who re-raises to $40. I call (yes/no?). I have $52 left

Turn ($115): 7c

I raise $25, he re-raises me for the rest ($22). I call.

What am I doing wrong? Or shall I put it, am I doing anything right?

schwah
01-12-2005, 02:12 AM
fold the flop. he has a set.

schwah
01-12-2005, 02:15 AM
ok he doesn't have a set 100% of the time.

but unless you know him to be super aggressive/crazy he probably does, since he'd be pretty stupid to raise an obvious overpair with anything else.

if you don't think he has it then put him in on the flop. none of this flat calling patsy business.

but you should still fold.

DeucesUp
01-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Tough hand, I'm not quite sure when (if?) you should lay this down, but I'd be interested in others thoughts.

I did want to point out that the button played this hand beautifully (assuming he had a big hand). I especially like the min raise on the flop which was small enough that it would tough for you to get away from there, but was also enough to pretty much tie you to the pot.

Because of this, the only suggestion I can make is to make a slightly bigger roughly pot sized bet on the flop, then if he raises you, you've only got a choice between all-in or fold. That's a highly opponent dependent decision, but I lean towards fold. You put a bit more pressure on him with the pot bet on the flop and if he's still willing to raise then you've got to give him credit for a good hand or give him credit for having some major cohones to bluff at your whole stack.