PDA

View Full Version : The new Battle Star Galactica

[censored]
01-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Anyone check this out?

I'm watching one of the replays right now. Seems like it could be good if you like this sort of thing. Although I think making Starbuck into a female is a horrendus mistake and could possibly make it not worth watching. She's not even hot.

TazQ
01-12-2005, 01:32 AM
The actual television series is even better than the 3 hr pilot/miniseries.

They're up to episode 11 in the UK, can download them with bittorrent. Should be airing on the Sci-Fi channel somewhat soon in the US.

[censored]
01-12-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

They're up to episode 11 in the UK, can download them with bittorrent. Should be airing on the Sci-Fi channel somewhat soon in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to hear. The series starts this week.

Does the female Starbuck thing work?

Alobar
01-12-2005, 03:49 AM
I refuse to watch it, cuz no way can it even come close to old school battle star

daveymck
01-12-2005, 04:51 AM
I'm watching it in the UK as well and thought that having loved the original would not like it.

But they havent tried to make it like the original and as such it does stand up well on its own. At time the tension and claustaphobia of being on the ship on the run is brought out really well, but at times when they focus on the politics it can be a bit slow.

Its a bit US 'ified ie the politics setup and some of the episodes have had 9/11 and the morals and decisions around the war on terror, eg do you shoot down a ship full of civilians that has been hijacked by cylon agents.

Baltar is probably the weakest character no way beleivable he would get to the position he is in as is obviously mad, although the way they do the cylons infuencing him is very clever and very sexy.

The original Apollo has featured on two episodes so far for fans of the original, and there isnt a stupid mechanical dog or stupid kid one of the downsides of the original.

Also they havent found earth and made a terrible final series as yet.

Worth watching forget about the original and watch it on its own merits.

daveymck
01-12-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to hear. The series starts this week.

Does the female Starbuck thing work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much cos they have not girlified her, she is one of the guys if not a touch tougher.

Its a lot darker than the original series which was more bubblegum tv compared to this. (the original used to air on a Saturday afternoon here, this could not)

nicky g
01-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Whoa. Noone told me about this. What channel is it on?

[censored]
01-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Scifi network.

The mini series continues tonight (wed) and the series premiers on Fri.

edit n/m not sure what the deal in the UK is.

daveymck
01-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Sky one 8pm on a monday, repeated on there and sky mix a couple of times during the week, they have been advertising heavily so unless you dont have sky surprised you missed it.

nicky g
01-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I don;t have sky.

Bah.

Thanks though.