PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice AK in Big Blind

Arm187r
01-12-2005, 12:58 AM
First hand of the night. No reads

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

1) I raised to juice the pot up. Should I have just checked with what is more than likely the best hand pf?

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.
2) I normally bet in these circumstances to A) try to win the pot right away, and B)get overcards to this flop out C) try to remain the aggressor and protect my hand.

3) I call the raise because the pot is large. Plus I can't put the raiser on two-pair with this flop. No draws that stand out. And maybe MP1 raised cuz he (correctly) knows i'm only betting A/K Incorrect play?

Turn: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

4) Went for the c/r because if MP1 3-bets then maybe it gets the pot headsup and i can check-call if river is no help.

River: (17 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Is it possible TPTK is good? Was glad to see MP1 fold.
Final Pot: 19 BB

soko
01-12-2005, 01:00 AM
I play it the same way. this hand will win more often than it loses after the turn hits.

Arm187r
01-12-2005, 03:04 AM
Glad to hear that. I feel like I played the hand as best I could. I ended up losing this hand though. CO (Winner) had K-10 spades.

Just want to know if anyone thinks i should have done something different throughout the hand.

Redd
01-12-2005, 03:17 AM
The one thing I'd consider is betting the turn as opposed to c/ring. First off, MP2 could be playing similar cards to yours and plans to back off, or could get spooked when his protection-raise only folded one player. It would suck to get this checked through.

Additionally, since you're looking to protect, you might be able to get MP1 to raise the turn after your stop n' go. This would protect better than hoping for an MP1 3-bet (everyone still calls two cold but the pot is smaller). Trapping the entire field for a bet beforehand isn't really gonna help protect a still-vulnerable hand.

Disclaimer: just my humble opinion.

Redd