PDA

View Full Version : microsoft's anti-spyware program -- who's using it?

hutz
01-12-2005, 12:26 AM
Today's Houston Chronicle had a column about Microsoft's beta anti-spyware program. The program was given a good review but there was the standard warning about using beta versions of programs. Is anyone here using the program and, if so, how's it working for you?

scotnt73
01-12-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Today's Houston Chronicle had a column about Microsoft's beta anti-spyware program. The program was given a good review but there was the standard warning about using beta versions of programs. Is anyone here using the program and, if so, how's it working for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

they were talking about it on slashdot.org today and the geeks were saying its not user friendly at all and several stated to stay away because it made some programs quit working. sorry for not knowing the specifics but do a search on slashdot. i read it today or yesterday.

IsaacW
01-12-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they were talking about it on slashdot.org today and the geeks were saying its not user friendly at all and several stated to stay away because it made some programs quit working. sorry for not knowing the specifics but do a search on slashdot. i read it today or yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Taking Slashdot's advice about a Microsoft program is like taking Phil Hellmuth's advice about who the best poker player in the world is...

TEH LUNIX IS DA BOMB! MICRO$OFT SUX0RS!

Shajen
01-12-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Taking Slashdot's advice about a Microsoft program is like taking Phil Hellmuth's advice about who the best poker player in the world is...

TEH LUNIX IS DA BOMB! MICRO$OFT SUX0RS!

[/ QUOTE ]

there's the occasional nugget of truth put out about microsoft on there, but for the most part, yeah. Linus is GAWD man!

geeks.

Nagoo81
01-12-2005, 05:01 PM
It's definitely comprehensive and thorough. I figure, who better to develop a anti-spyware program than MS, who knows exactly what files are and are not supposed to be running and on your OS.