PDA

View Full Version : Chargers

10-26-2001, 01:47 PM
In what can likely be interpreted as the ramblings of a crazed Doug Flutie fan, I like the Chargers over the Bills..

I saw the early line at -8, but it has dropped at my book (intertops) and is currently at -7...

In the interviews Johnson has done, he almost looks physically ill when anyone mentions Dougs name..

In all seriousness though, the Cowartless Bills will not be able to stop the combination of Tomlinson, and Flutie.. I can maybe see them containing one or the other, but not both..

Also, if the Chargers D can step it up like they did last week, it will be one very long day for the extremely sac-able Rob Johnson..

From the point of view of emotions, obviously they will be running high.. However I think historically that Flutie has raised the level of his game under pressure, whereas Johnson has crumbled like a tower of playing cards...

I cannot see any reason not to take the Chargers here.. any thoughts?

10-26-2001, 06:00 PM
Love it. It's one of my plays this week and I think there's almost no chance San Diego can lose this game. The money line may be a better play than the spread in fact. However, I think the spread is good. Bills are getting a little credit for beating the Jags, but they are still a bad team right now and Johnson is damaged goods.

natedogg