PDA

View Full Version : Is this one of those..

LoaferGee12
01-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Wait for the turn raises? Reasons why or why not

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...?

Reef
01-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I say call, and wait for the turn to raise given a non scary card

SoCalPat
01-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Raise the flop.

You probably have the best hand.

You want to punish weak draws coming along for the ride.

Your position is good and you wouldn't turn your nose at getting the button.

You can likely get some good info as to whether or not your hand is good much more cheaply on the flop than you will on the turn.

Ianco15
01-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I would call the flop and raise the turn if no scare card fell. You probably have the best hand at this point and by waiting for the turn to raise you can charge the maximum for the draws.

ibankonu
01-11-2005, 11:53 PM
I'd raise this flop.

LoaferGee12
01-11-2005, 11:59 PM
thought this might bring up some controversy -.-

Stork
01-12-2005, 12:03 AM
You should raise. When thinking about waiting for the turn to realize, you have to consider what you forfeit on the flop. And although you can't protect your hand from top pair effectively, and it is only by a very slim margin that you can't, you can charge the straight draws way more than they should be paying, particularly the gutshots. If there was a two-flush on the board, I might call instead, but I think you should raise here.