PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 _ 6-max - newb hands

btspider
01-11-2005, 10:52 PM
First HUSH post. These came up during my first 100 hands of 6-max, so I'm still feeling things out. They seem representative of a couple basic questions though, so I know what the general feel of 6-max will be like:

Hand 1:
SB is 40/0/1.3 (VPIP/PFR/postflop AF)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ????

What's the most common line given this situation? Is it often as simple as raise, bet turn, free showdown? Fold flop?

------------------------------------------

Hand 2:
SB is 35/6/2.5 after 20 hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

I didn't want to fold him if he was bluffing or betting a worse hand.. so I call intending to raise the river.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

I wimped out on the scare card b/c its a scare card for my opponent as well. I thought weaker hands than a pair of Q's might fold and I wouldn't be paid off well. If I raise, do I call a 3-bet?

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Thanks for the help.

RunDownHouse
01-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Hand 1: I'd raise his flop bet and play it from there. Kind of hard to get a read on him just from stats if you've got less than a hundred hands with him and haven't seen him in a similar sort of situation.

Hand 2: Raise the turn. Its unlikely anything but a pure, worthless bluff will fold for the extra bet, so you might as well get the two bets on the turn as opposed to one on the turn and one on the river (in addition to picking up another bet on the river if he picks up a second-best hand). I don't think you can raise the A river, though.

btspider
01-12-2005, 10:49 AM
thanks. in hand 2, after you raise the turn, i assume you calldown if 3-bet?

RunDownHouse
01-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Yup, after a stream of mild profanity.