PDA

View Full Version : How's my play on this hand?

Bigwig
01-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Stars $30, Blinds 75/150, 6 handed.

I'm in 4th.

Relevant stacks:

UTG (t2800)
SB (t1000)
Hero BB (t2550)

Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG limps
SB completes
Hero checks

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks

Hero bets 300
UTG calls 300
SB folds

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks
UTG bets 150
Hero calls 150

River: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets 650
UTG calls 650

Bad river bluff?

syka16
01-11-2005, 10:56 PM
If you think you can bluff him off, you should have tried on the turn. It looks really suspicious that you check/called the turn and then bet out on a blank.

Bigwig
01-11-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think you can bluff him off, you should have tried on the turn. It looks really suspicious that you check/called the turn and then bet out on a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I messed up the post. I'm about to edit the river. I remember the card now.

EDIT: No, I messed up the turn card. The turn paired 2's.

Sorry.

Insty
01-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Exactly what were you trying to represent here?
Assuming I don't know your hole cards..

Preflop:
Check BB, ok, probably not a monster hand.

Flop Bet 2/3 of pot. Maybe paired something. With bits of a low straight around I'd expect you to play a monster more strongly here.

UTG probably still thinks his Ax overcards + gunshot are worth a shot.

Turn:
Check - ok you have nothing or something here.
UTG bets small.
Call. - Ok you don't have trips. Give you the benifit of the doubt and put you on a pair of 5's

River:
Good, the T is quite a nice card here, not scary for anyone. UTG has paired his T so will call you and win with AT?

I just dont see what you might have had that UTG will be scared of. Maybe if you had check raised the turn...

Also UTG would have had some kind of read on you, how many pots had you won previously? Had you been caught bluffing before?