PDA

View Full Version : tptk folded on flop

supersub
01-11-2005, 10:47 PM
as far as i can remember, i have never played a hand this way before. is it a step forward in my development as a player or should i be locked up somewhere?

edit: it is only my second hand at this table so no reads

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds,

Brian
01-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Locked up. You didn't raise pre-Flop (not saying that you should, but I would), and you checked the Flop. This means that your opponents have no idea that you flopped a great hand, and you should be willing to withstand the pressure. The Flop raiser could easily have a worse Jack, a straight draw, or worse. I would say you have the best hand on this Flop the vast majority of the time. 3-bet.

-Brian

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Bet out the flop.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Bet the flop.

EDIT: And call a raise. If it's raised and 3-bet back to you on the flop you can fold.

TheHip41
01-12-2005, 12:20 AM
You want appluase for being weak/tight? Well, good job then.

Any reason you didn't bet TP/TK on a virtually drawless board? weak weak weak

supersub
01-12-2005, 12:21 AM
you guys are probably right.

just want to explain my thought process. feel free to ridicule.

First the call preflop. i think there might some very small value to add by raising here for a better player but i dont feel like i play these hands very good out of positioon, so i decided to just call. also, a six way pot is very rare in 5-10, it is usually fairly tight and some people likes to be tricky with aces or AK.
i do , however nned to raise more hands preflop, im just not sure this should be one of them for me with my current ability.

i obviously didnīt check the flop with the intention of folding. i wanted to check raise, hopefully some late position bettor.

but when the action came back to me it had been going bet, call, raise, cold call.

Here i thought that i was either ahead by very little or behind by very much. there are probably some draws out and i couldnīt think of a single card i wanted to see on the turn with four or five opponents. since there are so many limpers, even the babies can give someone a two pair or a set.

Worst case scenario is that someone holds JT and another KQ. Not very likely, but far from impossible. Then i am dead.

The pot is not yet very large and i felt like a fold was best in this particular situation. The reverse implied odds where just too big.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-12-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there are probably some draws out and i couldnīt think of a single card i wanted to see on the turn with four or five opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

1) So you'd rather give draws a free card instead of forcing them to pay to try and outdraw you?
2) I'd be happy to see a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, J or A on the turn.
3) A checkraise is a bad plan for protecting this hand when there's no preflop raiser you can count on to bet. If this flop gets checked through it is a disaster for you.