PDA

View Full Version : 3-Bet the Turn HU with paired board

Anders_G
01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Sorry people, no reads on the villain.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>...

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Lately I've been trying to improve my turn play, mainly knowing when to re-raise rather than just betting/calling/folding. Is this 3-bet good or should I stop-and-go? Or maybe even check/call river?

Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Anders_G
01-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Is this post written in an inappropriate way or is is just boring?

01-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I dislike the 3-bet. It can get you in a lot of trouble. Can you really fold to a cap?

I typically call the turn raise and check/call the river. Villain will bet the river with his 8 or on a pure bluff well over 50% of the time.

JinX11
01-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Your play looks straight-forward. You have about eleventy million outs in the event your hand is not good on the turn.

If he caps the turn and you don't improve, I probably check-call the river. Others may make a case for leading the river regardless.

phillydilly
01-12-2005, 03:39 PM
hhhhmmmmm......
i bet the turn, call the raise, check/call the river

with reads, i may 3 bet this turn, but without reads, i call down

if hes bluffing, he'll fold to a reraise, if hes not, you're getting it capped back to you
An important factor here is the flush draw, I want to see that river card cheap, if i just call the turn there is a good chance I can check/raise the river if I catch a /images/graemlins/heart.gif or K
assuming that the check raise works in this situation,
I'd be getting 2BB on the turn, and 2BB on the river, so 4BB total when I win
if i call the turn raise, and check/call the river unimproved, its 3 bets if i'm behind
if I reraise the turn, I could be looking at a cap plus a river bet

RichHarden
01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
I think the turn 3-bet is a little wreckless, I'd call and see what the river brings you. I think you can get away with check-raising a heart.