PDA

View Full Version : A blind defense against a LAG hand

Rhone
01-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Over 130 hands villain is 75/25/3. Of course, having numbers like that means he is very frequently bluffing.

A couple of notes. First, I know he would play this hand exactly the same way whether he had pocket aces or 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I also know that if I raise the flop, it's almost certainly 3 bets back to me. If he feels he's beaten, he won't slow down until the river.

I am also particularly conscious about spewing chips against LAGs. I have a tilt problem playing LAGs that goes something like this. A LAG will bluff me into folding a winning hand or two, and I'll get more aggressive against them in future games. When I then lose to a few legit hands, hair starts getting pulled out and my game suffers. So anyway, I know I have this problem, I'm conscious of it and I'm trying to find a way to deal with it.

So here we are. If I assume he's ahead on the turn, I don't have the odds to call in pursuit of my OESD. But on the other hand I may very well be ahead of him w/ J high. But on the other hand still, for the reasons I just wrote about, I don't have any great desire to get into a spitting match with him.

I don't like the way I played the hand, but I'm really not sure what I should have done differently. Maybe just let him have my blind before the flop and be done with it?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB <font color="#A500AF">(uber-LAG)</font> raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">uber-LAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">uber-LAG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

chris_a
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I have to ask. Any chance that he would have given you a free card if you raised him on the flop (or would even have folded)?

I'd consider my outs as 8 for the straight or maybe 7.5 with his redraws and a suited board. If you hit the J or T there is probably about at least 1/3 chance you are good against someone like this. Add another 2 outs effectively. You might have the best hand. Another 0.5 outs??

~10ish outs... calling isn't bad. As a bluff catch alone it's weak but with a draw like this heads up against an uber-lag it's close.

Mucking isn't bad if you would go on tilt otherwise though.