PDA

View Full Version : to alec...shoe in king...

10-26-2001, 10:04 AM
well i was smart enuf not to bet against you and i got lucky on the total...from now on backing shoe in game no brainer...gr8t call...gl

10-26-2001, 10:58 AM
lol...thanks. Last nights game was the only one that really stuck out to me. The games this weekend seem pretty tough, from a handicapping standpoint, to me.--Big Al--

10-26-2001, 03:57 PM
Hey Alec, and anyone else for that matter, I know that you typically do not bet on a large number of games, and instead find your plays and go heavy on them..

In the NFL, this strategy works well b/c of the similarity to a play-off atmosphere in almost every game since they have such a short season (# of games)..

I was just curious on your viewpoint of the NBA, which will be tipping off very soon.. Do you typically wait until the actual play-offs before laying any bets??.. Or do you play throughout the season..

For anyone else, will there be regular posters discussing regular season NBA games??..

In my experience, I have fared slightly better in the regular season (NBA), as opposed to the play-offs, and I was just curious as to whether or not anybody else plays the NBA lines on a night to night basis..

Responses from all welcome!!

10-26-2001, 04:07 PM
The only games I bet on are the NFL, NCAA basketball tourney, and the NBA playoffs. This is what I feel most comfortable with and what works for me.--Big Al--

10-26-2001, 06:02 PM
im big on the nba and have been for 3 years now. im sure there are others on here who do better at it then me but i do win a small amount in the regular season and do very well during the playoffs (the last 2 years at least). i think the lines are generally more skewed by public interest during the playoffs, thus making them easier to exploit if you actually pay attention.

looking forward to hearing your picks and thoughts this season, i will be posting mine as well when there's something worth posting.