PDA

View Full Version : 99 dreams of big pot.

tiltaholic
01-11-2005, 07:28 PM
opponents are loose typical.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

I think the flop bet was right, but i couldn't fold for one more, can I?
Turn comments?

wcsherry
01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
i'm three betting this flop

after a bet and a raise, i don't like calling two cold here on the turn so.. i fold this turn.

Shillx
01-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Flop is fine. I'm folding the turn though. Once you call, you are getting 17:1 on the 2nd turn call closing the action so you have to call that because you will win 5 BB on the river if you fill up. Bleh paying 2 bets on that turn is just wrong though.

Brad

BruinEric
01-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Warning: I'm a relative beginner, take my posts with a grain of salt. Open to corrections on my numbers.

I would fold the turn on the MP1 bet. At that point, you're getting 12 to 1 pot odds with only two outs (with a read that MP1 has a pocket pair) or needing runner-runner 9s or river /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (not a guaranteed winner) if MP1 has a T.

If you miss that fold, UTG+1 just check-raised everybody and is representing a made flush. I'd fold there. At that moment, it looks like you have 18 to 1 to call, but I think you're drawing almost dead here. I'm not sure you can count full credit for a 9 or T because if you get a 9 or T to bust the flush, you might still be behind MP1 with a lone T.

I fold because shifting to call-down mode where you're almost certainly behind here won't just cost one more bet, but probably 2 or more on the river.

Wario
01-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I would 3-bet the flop. I don't think we can assume MP1 has us beat from just the check/raise as it is a common play with a 5 or a low pocket pair.

If he caps I would call and fold the turn unimproved.

tiltaholic
01-11-2005, 08:18 PM
hi
i didn't call 2 cold on the turn. do you fold the first time or the second time?
-t

tiltaholic
01-11-2005, 08:23 PM
shillz-

agreed...but since the flop check raiser is the one leading the turn, can't i assume my flush outs -might- be good enough to justify a call because his most likely holding is trips.

then when check raised by the other villian (who has been sleeping till now) - i put him on a flush but had to call since the pot was so large, i might fill up, and there was a chance he had a baby flush so my /images/graemlins/diamond.gif outs may have been ok.

i dunno. it felt dirty.

wcsherry
01-11-2005, 08:30 PM
sorry, misread that - i'm still folding to the turn raise after calling one bet

tiltaholic
01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Warning: I'm a relative beginner, take my posts with a grain of salt. Open to corrections on my numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
preface not necessary, but appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the turn on the MP1 bet. At that point, you're getting 12 to 1 pot odds with only two outs (with a read that MP1 has a pocket pair) or needing runner-runner 9s or river /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (not a guaranteed winner) if MP1 has a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure i only have 2 outs at this point, as the flop check raise could mean trips. if so, i may have all my flush outs. when UTG+1 wakes up, he cleary has a flush...but... now the pot is 17 BB. i need 22:1 for my 2 outer, but if i fill up on the river, i'll likely make up those bets because i'll get action on the river &amp; there's a chance he has a small flush so -possibly- (albeit unlikely), my diamond outs are still good.

anyway, thats what i was "thinking" at the time.