PDA

View Full Version : TT on the button, scary board, turn and river play?

pstripling
01-11-2005, 07:13 PM
5/10 BBJ PartyPoker 10 handed game. Tightish game 3-4 players seeing the flop, with or without a raise.

No individual reads on the players involved in the hand. Have only been at the table 2 orbits. Not alot of people seeing the flop, but once they do most people are not folding if they have any sort of draw (weak or strong). Potential jackpot draws can't be pried out with a crowbar. (example: someone had Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the flop was 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif, this person check-cold called 3 bets on the flop hoping for runner runner straight flush...not sure what other jackpot hand he figured could be made but oh well). So anyway, lots of chasing after the flop.

Hero is Button

Preflop: UTG+1 &amp; CO+1 call everyone else folds to button, <font color="red"> Hero Raises </font> (T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif), SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO+1 calls

8 sb
FLOP: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)

Checked to Hero who bets, everyone calls

6 bb
TURN: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 Players)

Checked around

6 bb
River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 Players)

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, CO+1 folds, Hero???

Two questions:

1. Was the turn check correct? Would a bet have been better, if so why?

2. Pay off on the river or fold? If BB is not still in this hand call heads up?

As always thanks for the advice

wuarhg
01-11-2005, 07:18 PM
No reads? Turn check looks good, I doubt they're all drawing to the /images/graemlins/club.gif flush, I think I would fold the river but it's easier to determine once you know what the bettor likes to do.

Chuckles1248
01-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I bet the turn and fold to a check-raise, then check behind on the river, assuming someone doesn't wake up. By checking around the turn after raising preflop and then betting the flop, you scream medium pocket pair or paint that missed. You said the table was pretty tight, so it's likely that the players are decent and would be able to bluff bet with weaker hands when a scare card comes on the river after everyone checked the turn.

As you played it, I think you have to call the river because you induced a bluff by checking the turn.

Depends a lot on the reads of the players, though, which you didn't have at the time.