PDA

View Full Version : All comments appreciated(new to limit)

nrinker
01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

bennyk
01-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Bet the flop. It is too dangerous to give a free card.

bk

djr
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Bet the flop, you have an overpair and want to try and narrow the field. Giving others a free card here can be devastating. Given it's the BB betting and he can have anything, including a 7, I'd say your turn/river are fine.

DeathDonkey
01-11-2005, 06:23 PM
If you are new to limit holdem why are you playing Party 1/2? Play 0.50/1. Or find a site with lower games where you can practice and improve. You will get killed in the Party 1/2 games.

-DeathDonkey

davelin
01-11-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are new to limit holdem why are you playing Party 1/2? Play 0.50/1. Or find a site with lower games where you can practice and improve. You will get killed in the Party 1/2 games.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I also started at 1/2 after playing like 30K hands of NL $50. In hindsight I should've probably started in .50/1 but I didn't find it too bad.

I'd also cap the turn.

Wario
01-11-2005, 06:38 PM
You must bet that flop, you will have the best hand here nearly all the time and giving a free card would be terrible for your hand.

I would cap the turn, a crappy two pair or lower set is more likely than one of the two possible straights. If after capping he leads the river I would call.

SeeWillie
01-11-2005, 08:13 PM
What about the theory of passing up a slight edge on the flop to push a stronger edge on the turn? Is the flop in this hand a time to check since his overpair is so vulnerable to a higher card on the turn (i.e., if the K came on the turn instead of the 8 he looks behind with 6 players in the hand)? I don't think the bet is folding out too many? Do the 2 flopped diamonds with so many seeing the flop change this analysis?

I am trying to get my hands around this concept so please let me know if I am misapplying it here?
Bill

2thy
01-11-2005, 08:19 PM
off subject, I like your avatar pic

nrinker
01-11-2005, 08:22 PM
thats what i thought as well, if i bet that they draws are gonna get theyre odds to call either way, im protecting nothing. With lots in i figured a raise to any bet on the turn would be more profitable if my hand held as an overpair. With out the completion of a draw.

Just giving my reasoning.........

djr
01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
the theory for passing up a slight edge is based on your read of the players and the situation. Your flop bet here gives callers a 7.5 to 1 pot odds on a roughly 4:1 draw (if they have two overcards). If the board were rainbow they'd definately be right to call and then I'd probably check it as it realy would not get anyone out. But with two diamonds and a possible straight draw, usually a couple people will just dump there hand right there. You might be reraised (either a bluff, or a real draw), which will push others out. Finally in this situation you might be able to buy the button, and maybe a freecard on the turn (doubtful if a J-A turns), or if you're really lucky get the whole pot on the flop. Bet the flop.