PDA

View Full Version : The smallest margin of victory....

admo415
01-11-2005, 05:40 PM
do you think I should have bet at the last round, thought he was slowplaying an A

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

SB shows [ 7h, 3h ] a pair of aces.
Hero shows [ 8d, 6d ] a pair of aces.
Hero wins $18 from the main pot with a pair of aces with eight kicker.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

tac252
01-11-2005, 05:48 PM
the check is good in my opinion. the only hands that call you are gonna beat you.

tom

pindawg
01-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Please don't bet the river with 8 high .. he'll call you down with a 9 everytime.

Redeye
01-11-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't bet the river with 8 high .. he'll call you down with a 9 everytime

[/ QUOTE ]

There are times when a river bet here may not be so bad. If you get a real draw heavy board where none of the draws seemed to hit by the river, a bet with something like and 8 high busted flush draw might win the pot often enough to be profitable. I think a bet is definately bad with an Ace high flush draw, but there are some times when better overcards from a busted draw may fold. However, I'm not sure that this situation is a good illustration of that.

wuwei
01-11-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please don't bet the river with 8 high .. he'll call you down with a 9 everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this pot is too small to warrant a river bet, but there has to be times when it's the right play.