PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

Danenania
01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
What hours do you usually sleep? Are you consistent? In the past few weeks I have been all over the map. I try to right it but end up overcompensating and get screwed up on the opposite side. Why is this so difficult?

Zeno
01-11-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is this so difficult?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you are insane.

-Zeno

dr. klopek
01-11-2005, 05:22 PM
You can't change your sleeping patterns from the end of the day. Set an alarm to get you up when you want to get up and go to bed when you are tired. I sleep from 7am til 11:30am though, so don't listen to me.

Danenania
01-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Zeno,

Seriously?

-Danenania

DemonDeac
01-11-2005, 05:28 PM
try jerkin off. puts me right to sleep

beerbandit
01-11-2005, 05:30 PM
i sleep enough

i get up at 730 to go to work at 8

i usually go to sleep between 7pm and 2am

thee weekends are a different story

eg. this past weekend --- i get home from work, go to buddies to play poker --- become nicley intoxicated, win some cash and make it to bed about 930am on sat

get up around 4pm eat some food, go back to sleep until about 130am sun play some cards on the comp and then head to the card room

get threre about 5am and play poker until about 830pm sun

go home and back to sleep till mon morn and get up for work --- im weird sometime and lazy

cheers

beerbandit
01-11-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good call

Gatts
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

it helps.

I've got a constant cycle of sleep what I mean is that every day I go to sleep later and later, and if I have obligations like school or something, I end up having to stay up. I have plenty of practice at this.

Ulysses
01-11-2005, 06:07 PM
I have had similar sleep cycle issues all of my life.

sfer
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Between 5-7 hours a night. And it varies a lot.

turnipmonster
01-11-2005, 06:29 PM
my regular pattern is to sleep for 6 hours a night for a while then have a couple of 9 hour nights. rinse and repeat, it is somewhat consistent but not really.

--turnipmonster

liquidboss
01-11-2005, 06:49 PM
My sleep varies quite a bit as well. Sometimes I am in bed at 5am, sometimes I'm fast asleep by 11pm.

There seems to be a pattern here, is it normal in today's society for people's sleep patterns to change so much or is this a poker thing?

TimM
01-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I hate to stop what ever I am doing and go to sleep. So on weekdays I have to force myself to get to bed around 2AM (sometimes as late as 3AM) so I can get up for work around 8:30 or so. I should be getting up earlier, so I am always late to work. On the weekends I will often stay up until 4-5 AM and sleep till noon or later. Then on Sunday night it becomes hard to get to sleep early enough to get up for work Monday morning.

A lot of people end their day by passively watching TV and falling asleep to it. I hardly watch any TV anymore, and when I choose to do so, it's not something I want to fall asleep for. But with internet access there is never a lack for something to do, and it's interactive enough that you can't fall asleep to it.

liquidboss
01-11-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to stop what ever I am doing and go to sleep. So on weekdays I have to force myself to get to bed around 2AM (sometimes as late as 3AM) so I can get up for work around 8:30 or so. I should be getting up earlier, so I am always late to work. On the weekends I will often stay up until 4-5 AM and sleep till noon or later. Then on Sunday night it becomes hard to get to sleep early enough to get up for work Monday morning.

A lot of people end their day by passively watching TV and falling asleep to it. I hardly watch any TV anymore, and when I choose to do so, it's not something I want to fall asleep for. But with internet access there is never a lack for something to do, and it's interactive enough that you can't fall asleep to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like my life exactly... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Slacker13
01-11-2005, 07:46 PM
I have major sleeping issues. I can't ever get to sleep and then when I do I don't want to get up. I Usually go to bed around midnight - 1am and usually get to sleep around 2:30-3 and I get up around 9am. It's start to catch up to you after a while so every once in a while I will sleep to noon just to catch up but that's not very often.

TimM
01-11-2005, 07:47 PM
The company I work for is doomed, so maybe I will be able to get a lot more sleep soon...

Schneids
01-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Never consistent.

Take the past few days:

A few days ago, go to bed at 10am wake up at 6pm, go out, get back to my apartment at 6pm the next day, go to sleep by 7pm until 1am, then again from 4am to 10am the next morning... stay up till 4am that night, wake up at noon, stay up till present 11am, again nearing 24 hours later and getting ready to once again go to sleep...

I know for sure my body is not on a 24 hour day and has not been for a long time. I find it works best when I stay up for 18-24 hours straight, then get 8-10 hours of sleep in.

Sponger15SB
01-12-2005, 01:51 PM
I've got a friend who can't fall asleep before like 4AM.

Sounds crazy, but yeah, I'll like be going to bed on the west coast and she is still up in boston.

Sometimes she just stays up all night because she can't sleep.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Sponger,
Thats called insomnia, and its really unheatlthy. She should go to a doctor and get some help.
-TSC, a concerned poster.

Dr. Strangelove
01-13-2005, 12:58 AM
I think I'm on like a 27 hour day. I go from waking up at 5am to going to bed at 5 am (and all points in between) several times a month. I woke up at 5:30 pm today and will probably go to bed between 7 and 10 am tomorrow.

nothumb
01-13-2005, 03:33 AM
I have trouble going to bed right after I get off work, and I work evenings until 10 PM or 12 AM depending on the day. My schedule gets later as the week goes on (work at noon on Tuesday vs. 4 PM on Saturday) so I just get pushed later and later, invariably stay up until 6 AM or so on Thursday and being awake when my girlfriend gets up for work. She loves this.

Didn't used to be a problem in college since I would rationalize it and start taking drugs to stay up when my whack schedule started to conflict. Can't really do that now that I work regular hours in a residential treatment center. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif And really, wouldn't it be kind of pathetic to be chowing down speed for no reason whatsoever other than neuroses? It's not like it's fun.

NT

Asnbabe
01-13-2005, 04:58 AM
sleep is fun...if i felt like it, I could sleep the whole day away....sleeeeeeeeeeeeep /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

plaster8
01-13-2005, 05:16 AM
I usually go to bed around 3-4 a.m. and get up around 10-11 a.m.

I've got sleep apnea, so I have to wear a sleep mask that forces air into my nose. It's really annoying, and I often rip it off in the middle of the night because I have dreams that incorporate it (the Germans have captured me and are torturing me, etc.). When that happens, my hours get all screwed up because I don't get quality sleep.

Don't know why I went into all that. Any other apnea victims out there?

ClassicBob
01-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Well, it's 6 in the morning, and I can't sleep, even though I've been trying since about 2. I get this insomnia every so often, and it really sucks. It also really screws up my sleep cycle. I'll probably pass out pretty soon though. Just thought I'd share.

craig r
01-13-2005, 08:09 AM
I have the same problem TSC. I can't go to sleep most of the time until 5:00-6:00. But, then I will sleep until 12-1. But, I didn't think this was insomnia. I thought insomniacs would go days without sleep sometimes.

craig

GuyOnTilt
01-13-2005, 08:16 AM
In the past few weeks I have been all over the map. I try to right it but end up overcompensating and get screwed up on the opposite side. Why is this so difficult?

I'm totally the same way. Some months I'll find myself on a 30 or so hour day where I just go to sleep and wake up 6 hours later than the day before and have like, 6 day weeks instead of 7. Right now it's 4:15am and I just woke up half an hour ago for no apparent reason. I'll probably stay up till like 2pm and then feel like napping until 8pm or something weird like that. Who knows. Fortunately I rarely NEED to wake up at a certain time, so it's not a problem for me. Back when I used to have to get up in the morning, I didn't have a problem living on 35 hours of sleep a week, so I know I can live a "normal" schedule fine, but why would I if I don't have to if my body doesn't feel like it?

GoT

scotnt73
01-13-2005, 08:52 AM
on weekdays i goto bed at 11 or 12 mid and get up at 6 am

on weekends i sleep about 8 hours

if i sleep more than 8 hours i feel like [censored] and ache all over when i get up. i also feel groggy. so 6-7.5 hours seems just right for me. i also try not to ever take naps during the day because i feel like absolute crap when i wake up.

2planka
01-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I sack out between 10:30 and 11:00 most nights. Up at 5:00 to get to work by 7:00. Even on weekends I rarely sleep past 7:00.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this so difficult?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever had jetlag? Same principle.

OrangeHeat
01-13-2005, 11:58 AM
I sleep from 8-midnight, play poker from midnight - 3am, sleep from 3am - 6am, and then go to work for 10 hours.

I am always fricken tired.

Orange

turnipmonster
01-13-2005, 12:03 PM
this is interesting. do you naturally sleep in 2 intervals, and if not why 12-3am as opposed to 9-12 or something?

LALDAAS
01-13-2005, 12:58 PM
I read an article a while back. alot of the problem for people is place you sleep. I also now do this. A bedroom is for 3 things getting dressed, sex, and sleeping. Try using your bed room for these reasons and these reasons only. it might help.

OrangeHeat
01-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I find the games are best from 12-3am so thats when I play. Normally I would just sleep in one shift.

Orange