PDA

View Full Version : Reverse double secret implied odds: AJo.

SomethingClever
01-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Hero is UTG with AJo.

I raise, eleventy billion people call.

Flop: KQ7 all hearts. I have the J of hearts.

I bet. Someone raises. Someone else 3-bets. It's two cold back to me.

I fold.

Comments?

ErrantNight
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
what about YOUR super duper hidden reverse top-secret quasi-implied odds on a T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn/river?

MyssGuy
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
A couple things...the raise UTG with AJo must be played carefully UTG. Unless the table is very loose, you're looking to be called by dominating hands.

Now your out of position and betting this flop with a gut-shot and flush draw to the 2nd nuts. I would check-fold this hand, especially when it's raised.

DemonDeac
01-11-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A couple things...the raise UTG with AJo must be played carefully UTG. Unless the table is very loose, you're looking to be called by dominating hands.

Now your out of position and betting this flop with a gut-shot and flush draw to the 2nd nuts. I would check-fold this hand, especially when it's raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant't answer this thread seriously, you silly goose.
what about the double dog impolied odds, i mean. a bazillion people did call?

sfer
01-11-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a standard low limit game online you'll be called by worse hands far more often than you'll be called by dominating, or even better hands.

Redeye
01-11-2005, 05:30 PM
First off, I wouldn't have bet this flop if there was a large field in this hand. Second, how many bets are in this pot when you have to call two cold? Its probably an ok fold w/ this much action, but if the pot were large enough I might continue. Discount your 2nd nut flush outs by half, maybe add another out or two for your possibly dead gutshot, and if the odds are good enough I might continue.

SomethingClever
01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In a standard low limit game online you'll be called by worse hands far more often than you'll be called by dominating, or even better hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm going to keep raising AJo UTG.

I may have actually checked the flop, I can't remember. I may have actually called one bet from the SB, and then folded when it was two back to me.

There's just no reason to continue beyond the flop for more than one bet, though, right?

So... ideal lines......

If it's checked to me, check and call one bet, fold for two?

If it's bet in front of me.... call one? Or just fold? I thought that was too weak... I don't like to give credit for the flush.

Redeye
01-11-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's just no reason to continue beyond the flop for more than one bet, though, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends. If you end up getting something like 10:1 on your call and have a pretty good idea than it won't be reraised then I'm probably calling on the flop. Its possible for you to be in a pot where someone has top pair and someone else has twopair or a set. The chance you are drawing dead here is slim IMO. Someone may have the Ah here and your other gutshot outs could be good, someone could've flopped a smaller flush in which case all your flush outs may be good. If the overlay is large enough, I see no reason to fear drawing dead or slim enough to not make this a profitable call.

belloc
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you cant't answer this thread seriously, you silly goose.
what about the double dog impolied odds, i mean. a bazillion people did call?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't triple stamp a double stamp, Lloyd. You can't triple stamp a double stamp. Lloyd!