PDA

View Full Version : Dan Harrington's Book and SnG's

Sarge85
01-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Will his strategies work for the one table tournaments?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

binions
01-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Early- to mid-MTT play varies significantly from SNGs.

I expect his next book on end stage MTT to be much more applicable to SNGs.

citanul
01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Yes.

what the hell kind of post is this, really?

he gives insight on playing NLHE, doesn't he? ipsofacto or whatever. QED.

Try a specific question next time man, you know better.

citanul

Frogistador
01-11-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell kind of post is this, really?
Try a specific question next time man, you know better.

[/ QUOTE ]

And citanul knows better than giving a useless reply to a question he considers useless.

Sarge, I just finished the book. It is heavy on examples and many of these are taken from the early stages of single table tournaments, not just MTT. So yes I found that there was plenty that applies to SnGs. Whether his recommendations apply to $11 SnGs or are more geared towards $55 or $215 SnGs is what I will try to determine through practice in the next little while.

binions
01-11-2005, 05:01 PM
While there are examples of single-table play in the book, I always read those as winner-take-all satellites into major tourneys.

Different animal than 50-30-20 SNGs.

In additon, all of those play examples were full or near-full tables. Nothing in the book about how to play at a 4-6 handed table.

Some of the concepts apply to any NL tourney (e.g., pot odds), but his starting hand recommendations will get you killed in the early stages of SNGs.

Michael C.
01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
I loved the book, and thought a lot was applicable to SNG's. As far as adjusting the starting hand requirements, they are obviously just guidelines anyway, that you'd adjust to fit your own game and table anyway. But I loved the book and thought it was the best book on NL I've read.