PDA

View Full Version : ROI\ITM Calculation

PapiChulo503
01-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I have not yet purchased POKER TRACKER and was wondering how do I calculate ROI and ITM percentages? I have played appx 200 $5+1 SNG's and would like to figure out how im doing. I started with $50 bucks about 3 months ago and its been a roller coaster.

I also remember seeing a SNG spreadsheet posted about a month back but I cant find it using the search function. Can someone post the link again so I can download?

thanks for all your help.

wulfheir
01-11-2005, 03:58 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1357343&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

citanul
01-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey,

Here's the Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1357343&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1) you asked for.

With respect to calculating by hand:

ROI is return on investment, which is defined as:

(Total Return - Investment)/(Investment)

So say you play a 5+1 and get 3rd, getting 10 bucks:

(10 - 6)/6 is your ROI for that game.

If you play many games, it's just the same formula.

ITM is just a percentage of the time you play that you get in the money.

To calculate either of these accurately, you need to have exact numbers for total number of games. To calculate ROI, you need also your total profit. To calculate ITM, you clearly need to know exactly how many times out of all your games you finished in the money.

Have fun. Don't get too obsessed with either statistic.

Once you have ptracker, it all is very simplet to track, since it handles it for you.

citanul

citanul
01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Wulf -

Below the text entry box for composing a post, there is a button that says "URL."

Using this button, with it's simple to follow popup cues, will make your links much better. Additionally, it will make sure you don't get flamed for posting urls improperly.

citanul

emil3000
01-11-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you have ptracker, it all is very simplet to track, since it handles it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty new with pokertracker and the first few days it was a big tilt factor, cause every time i'd bust out in like fourth i'd just automatically click "No" when asked if i wanted a tournament summary. I told myself "I'll remember this time" at the start of every tourney and then I'd forget and jump and shout at my own stupidity. So that was frustrating. On the other hand, since I only added tourneys where I made the money to my database, I had a very impressive ROI, which made me proud.

citanul
01-11-2005, 05:24 PM
New uses for pokertracker exemplified:

Fraudulent ROI/ITM boosting in order to boost ego, inspire better play, confidence.

Whatever works for you man /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's really not that great of a tool for sngs overall, so whatever you can get out of it...

citanul

emil3000
01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
I was thinking of posting my ROI in a brag post, but now that I've given the secret away, there's really no point anymore. Anyone can be a big winner at the Sit'n'gos using my recipe. Some of the pros claim I give away too much.

wulfheir
01-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Cit,
Every message board seems to have their own nuances, thx for the kind heads-up to a newcomer.
Wulf

citanul
01-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Wulf,

No prob.

Welcome to the board. You're off to a good start in terms of usefulness per post.

citanul