PDA

View Full Version : 22 left, MTT hand from last night.

PuckNPoker
01-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Antes @ 200, Blinds 1k/2k

Player1 is at seat 0 with 28180.
Player2 is at seat 1 with 26300.
Hero is at seat 2 with 56765.
Player3 is at seat 3 with 23100.
Player4 is at seat 4 with 36395.
Villian is at seat 5 with 57875.
Player5 is at seat 6 with 77525.
Player6 is at seat 8 with 52625.
Player7 is at seat 9 with 40795.
The button is at seat 2.

Hero dealt J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO.

Folded to me at the CO, raised to 6800.

Villian in the BB is the only person on the table to play back at me, my image has been VERY loose (rightfully so, ive been a maniac all night and enjoying the image) and I folded to Villians resteal a few hands earlier. But when i've showed cards they have always been very good (KK,AK,AA,QQ, one AQo for a race once).

Villian re-reaises to 16800.

Normally I fold, I decided to call to "try something new" (thinking I could resteal on the flop, or if I catch a flop bust him outright).

Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villian immediately fires a pot size bet (35800), but the read I got was that was the action he was taking regardless of the flop.

So now I have a small/mid flush draw and an OESD but I am possibly drawing dead or my flush outs counterfeited.

All in (basically, only would have a few thousand left if I call the bet so might as well put it all in) or fold?

SossMan
01-11-2005, 03:59 PM
If you had some more folding equity, i might like it, but i think you have a fold there.

i also don't like the original steal, or the call of the resteal. if he's shown that he's willing to resteal from you, then pick on someone else.

don't steal from positions where people put you on steals.

Sam T.
01-11-2005, 04:03 PM
If this guy is going to play back at you, I would pick other folks to steal from if I'm going to do it with this kind of cheese. And if I'm raised nearly a third of my stack with said cheese, I'm going to fold.

I think the size of villain's bet (pot vs. 1/2 pot) should give you pause. Obviously he's willing to go to felt with this hand, so you're going to have to show down a winner. If he whiffed, or wanted to leave himself the option of folding down the road, he would have bet half as much. I'm not saying your flush draw is worthless, but I'd be very surprised if it is good. Would he commit his stack like this if he didn't have at least one high club?

So in my mind, in order to win:
1. You have to hit your str8. (2:1 against)
2. He can't have/make a better flush. (You may well be drawing dead.)

Fold, and remember that there is a reason the weak tightys get picked upon and the TAGs do not.

fnord_too
01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Word to everything Soss said.

As to pushing or folding, at this point I push almost always. I cannot immagine getting almost 2-1 on your chips here is not +EV. (I am assuming no special conditions, like you are on the bubble of a satelite).

PuckNPoker
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this guy is going to play back at you, I would pick other folks to steal from if I'm going to do it with this kind of cheese. And if I'm raised nearly a third of my stack with said cheese, I'm going to fold.

I think the size of villain's bet (pot vs. 1/2 pot) should give you pause. Obviously he's willing to go to felt with this hand, so you're going to have to show down a winner. If he whiffed, or wanted to leave himself the option of folding down the road, he would have bet half as much. I'm not saying your flush draw is worthless, but I'd be very surprised if it is good. Would he commit his stack like this if he didn't have at least one high club?

So in my mind, in order to win:
1. You have to hit your str8. (2:1 against)
2. He can't have/make a better flush. (You may well be drawing dead.)

Fold, and remember that there is a reason the weak tightys get picked upon and the TAGs do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy either hits the POT button, BET Button, or FOLD button. I have never seen him bet a specific amount.

PuckNPoker
01-11-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Word to everything Soss said.

As to pushing or folding, at this point I push almost always. I cannot immagine getting almost 2-1 on your chips here is not +EV. (I am assuming no special conditions, like you are on the bubble of a satelite).

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt push and felt like that was my tourney right there. I would either have been out at the same money level I busted in, or chip leader with 21 left to go.

PuckNPoker
01-11-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you had some more folding equity, i might like it, but i think you have a fold there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, but I didnt like it.

[ QUOTE ]
i also don't like the original steal, or the call of the resteal. if he's shown that he's willing to resteal from you, then pick on someone else.

don't steal from positions where people put you on steals.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stealing did get out of hand, but the table was extremely passive (all the more reason to not get into it with the one guy who wasnt I guess). And it was a $5 tourney so I was trying out some new moves. There were some plays I was happy with and some things I definitely did wrong, but this hand still haunts me.