PDA

View Full Version : getting my value bet checkraised

steaknshake925
01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
SB is VPIP 58% after 30 hands
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
How close is my river bet? Villains turn checkraise had me thinking maybe a bigger 6, but when he checked the river I didn't want to give an overpair a free showdown.

meep_42
01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
I probably 3-bet the turn and call down if capped.

-d

Munga30
01-11-2005, 03:49 PM
You absolutely have to bet the river. He could be getting chippy with lots of hands on the turn. Putting him on only a better 6 or 54s just because you got CR'd is seeing monsters, IMO. If he has it this time, so be it, but you are going to see a lot of worse hands at showdown with his range of preflop play (any other stats handy at the time?).

I'm not sure about whether or not to three-bet the turn. Cons are you are announcing at least trips and give your opponent the opportunity to get away right there. You also give better hands the opportunity to cap and lead into you on the river, for a total of 5 big bets on both streets. Even the way it actually played out only was 4 big bets. Pros of three betting are the 2/4 games are full of idiots that pay you off. Maybe you need to consider this player a little more, beyond his preflop numbers. This is where notes on postflop play would be helpful.

Calling on the flop seems ok, but I'm interested in what others on the forum think.