PDA

View Full Version : +EV Bluff or not?

ericlambi
01-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Here's the situation: $30+3 on PP last night. We are heads up. I started heads up with a pretty solid lead, but I've been getting absolutely awful cards and the other player has been very aggressive -- hard to say if he's getting good cards or just taking risks. Our only heads-up showdown was when we both got in Pre-Flop . . . I had AK and he had JT and he spiked a J on the turn to take the lead. I start the hand with 2700 and post a 600 blind. I've got T2o. He completes his SB, I check. Flop comes Axx. I miss. He bets out 900 into the 1200 pot. Now he has been very aggressive, and I figure he doesn't have a really great hand PF because I'm on the ropes with my 2100 and he would probably want to take me out with a good hand by trying to get me all-in instead of giving me free draws to improve. So I'm figuring he would raise with any Ace pre-flop and therefore doesn't have one. The ~3/4 pot bet is peculiar because he has been so aggressive. I figure he doesn't want to give me the chips that will put me back over 3000 and thinks he can take the pot as I've been playing pretty passively (actually, just getting extremely lousy cards, but he can't know that). I decide that for 1200 more chips he will actually have to have a hand to call an all-in re-raise and I don't believe he's got it. I push. What do you think?

Phil Van Sexton
01-11-2005, 03:34 PM
1. Use paragraphs.

2. Pushing is almost never wrong heads up with blinds this high.

3. You should have pushed preflop. If he is very aggressive, why are you giving him a chance to bet at this pot on the flop? Fire the first shot when you have more fold equity.

etgryphon
01-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Right on...My Friend...Right on

HU play is all about being super aggressive. There really is no such thing as a bad run. Attack! Attack!

-Gryph