PDA

View Full Version : This better be good (arcade fire).

dr. klopek
01-11-2005, 03:23 PM
I just *ahem* downloaded "Funeral" or something as per everyone in the world's recommendation. What's the skinny on this band? Is this even what you guys were talking about? If so, is this their only album?

::play::

IndieMatty
01-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Yes It's good.

If you don't like, I'll gladly refund the $0 you spent getting it.

Shajen
01-11-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes It's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does he know you are sincere in your offer?

dr. klopek
01-11-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes It's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I'm not spending [censored] on trying out something I heard about on an internet forum. If I like it (so far it's good), I'll go to their show. They get more of that $ anyway. I don't like leeching, I listen to a lot of independently produced music and I understand that sales count, but I refuse not to listen to new music based on my brokeness. Wow, that was a diatribe. Pretty good [censored] though.

lucas9000
01-11-2005, 04:44 PM
funeral is their only album right now. they're from montreal, and they OWN. make sure to put on your "sensitive indie rock hipster" hat though.

if you get the chance, see them live. very very good show.

SossMan
01-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I just went to the local "we're too indie for tower records" record store and purchased Funeral for $12.99. I trusted the OOTers (plus I'm a sucker for "critically acclaimed" bands).

I'm just finishing my first listen through, and can say with all honesty that I'm very impressed. It's really good for a first listen.

sfer
01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Good stuff. I'm listening to them right now at work and I'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks.

IndieMatty
01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I have bought many of my favorite albums based on singles I have heard on review sites like pitchfork or straight up word of mouth.

Sometimes..you just know.

Edit: I buy almost all of albums at Tower these days. Or insound. Tower is cheaper.

Really hard to find Hardcore stuff I have to go to Generations in downtown NYC.

bdk3clash
01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Ditto. I just picked up the Animal Collective album based on it being Pitchfork's #1 album for 2004 (but haven't listened to it yet.)

bdk3clash
01-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah, "Funeral" does live up to the hype.

dr. klopek
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
"Wake up" is the cut.

IndieMatty
01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
I did that with Source Tags and Codes. Still obsessed with that album.

FWIW. Since we are talking about acclaimed albums.. My unheralded albums of the year include.

Dillenger Escape Plan - Miss Machine
Minus The Bear - They Make Beer Comercials..
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place

and many more, but these are all worth a download.

Gatts
01-11-2005, 05:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
"Wake up" is the cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Wake Up is the shiznit, and Funeral is easily my favorite album of 2004.

Animal Collective I'm iffy on but that's just how I am with that kinda music.

sfer
01-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah, lots of good ones last year. Lots of good ones the year before too. Actually, the last 3-4 years have been pretty damn solid.