PDA

View Full Version : Bet out with an underpair?

BellyBuster7
01-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (2.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

I know my river call was bad, but does anybody bet this, and if so, where? I was planning on check/folding, but since no one ever showed any aggression, I'm thinking I should have taken a stab at it somewhere- or would that be spewing? I don't think anyone that has anything that beats me is folding.

jay1313
01-11-2005, 02:13 PM
You have virtually less then nothing. It would have been an easy fold post-flop but you get daring when it is checked through (happens to me all the time) but on this one you have less then bottom pair with 2 outs. I think you just check/fold all the way through this one.

btspider
01-11-2005, 02:15 PM
fold PF and fold the river. no reason to bet anywhere in between.

if your river bet takes the pot, its because you would have had the best hand anyway.

YM2K58
01-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Pre flop, I would have raised. This accomplishes 2 things - gain the button and (hopefully) drive out blinds. If checked on flop, I would bet and go from there.

BellyBuster7
01-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Wow, there's some conflicting advice.
Folding 22 from the CO seems too tight, and I don't know if I could bring myself to raise it, though I think you make a good case for doing so. I guess when the set doesn't come, I just need to lay this down to any bet.

jrz1972
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
I would normally fold this with just one limper. You're not getting enough action on the times you hit your set with so few players in the hand.

davelin
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, there's some conflicting advice.
Folding 22 from the CO seems too tight, and I don't know if I could bring myself to raise it, though I think you make a good case for doing so. I guess when the set doesn't come, I just need to lay this down to any bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping with 22 here isn't good just because your implied odds when you do hit your set isn't very good.

btspider
01-11-2005, 02:27 PM
PF is borderline at .50/1.00. if I'm MP3, i'd limp. 2 limpers to me.. easy limp. button, fold.

at 1/2 and above, this should be a fold. you won't be paid off enough the times you hit your set.