PDA

View Full Version : J8o limping in SB

Nick Royale
01-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Table is pretty loose/passive. Not much agression preflop, a little tougher postflop (but still pretty passive).

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.
<font color="green">Exactly how bad is this limp against 5 players? Is J9 playable? </font>

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.
<font color="green">Planning to check/raise this cordinated board. If checked around I'm planning to bet out if the turn comes a blank (I'll probably bet any turn card except for a nine). Should I have played it simple and just bet out? Rest of the hand played itself... </font>

davelin
01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't complete this pre-flop and I'd probably just bet out.

TwoShedsJackson
01-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Fold preflop.

Bet the flop, fold to heavy aggression, clearly if a 9 comes on the turn or river you will almost certainly be beat, however a 7 or Q will also give anyone holding a 9 a straight - I wouldn't expect to win this one much at all /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nick Royale
01-11-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop, fold to heavy aggression

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet out I'll fold if it gets capped, but otherwise call. Right? Is capping the flop myself an alternative if it get back to me 3-betted?

Hack
01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
You don't fold two pair to a cap, unless a real scary card hits the turn.

TwoShedsJackson
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
If it comes back three bets to me, I'm folding. There are too many cards I don't want to see on the turn - the aforemntioned 7s, 9s, Qs, any club, and people love to play JT so you could be in dire trouble already - add Ts to that list /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nick Royale
01-11-2005, 02:04 PM
This is the way I've reasoned earlier. But awhile ago when I posted a similar hand (3 to straight, 2 to flush) where it got 3-betted back to me and I fold bottom 2-pair nobody agreed it was the right thing to do. I reasoned there's not many hands I beat 3-betting me and if I'm ahead there are plenty of strong draws against me. Maybe I'm weak...

Nick Royale
01-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Cap if it gets 3-betted back to me? I like that line, and then lead the turn if a non-scary card falls. If raised or scary card comes on the turn, call down.