PDA

View Full Version : Coinflips?

skoal2k4
01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm just curious... at what point do you start calling or pushing with say AQs or any other situations where you might think that it would probably be a coinflip? I realize that situations dictate your actions, but I'm talking in general... is it close to the bubble? Once you're in the money? Against a smaller chip stack only? Never? I think this might be a major flaw with my play... I believe I'm playing these situations to often and was just curious how others play them

Robbie

RobGW
01-11-2005, 02:15 PM
This is a good question. I used to be willing to play coinflips all the time. I would call all ins with AK or PP hoping to double up. Now I think this is a mistake. I can usually get my money in a much better situation. I can think of a few exceptions though. 1. You are the up against a short stack that can't hurt you too much. 2. You are the shortstack and need to double up. 3. If you are playing at a really tough table where you are not one of the best ones at the table. In a MTT, there is usually a few bad players at the table so I tend to stay away from coin flips unless 1 or 2 applies.