PDA

View Full Version : When in the blinds..

prk
01-11-2005, 12:28 PM
What do you do with hands such as AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo, AJs, AJo or any medium PP (88-JJ)??

How about those same hands in the BB??

i generally raise with them in the SB, and check in the BB. Is this routine, or level or limper dependent??

Murdz
01-11-2005, 02:00 PM
If there's a raise in front of me, I call. If there's several limpers, the play is to raise. You need to define your hand.

schwza
01-11-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to define your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, i think you mean define their hands.

early on, i generally will not raise out of the blinds without AK or JJ+. i started a thread where i checked in the BB in a STT here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1516960&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) and it looks like the general consensus was that checking was fine (but that the post-flop was too weak-tight).

later on, when the blinds get bigger, i will open it up.

prk
01-11-2005, 02:31 PM
The reason i like to check in the BB is 1) hides your hand for trapping purposes and 2) if the flop misses you, you havent invested anything.

Is this too weak of a play though?? Almost sounds like I am AFRAID to see a flop with those decent/good hands.

Sam T.
01-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I agree that early on, checking behind limpers is not the worst thing in the world. With the blinds low, it would have to be a pretty hefty raise to chase out some of the fish. ("I put in t30 already, so I'm not folding just becasue it's another t200.") And you do not want to invest t200 for the honor of betting first with AJo, and a ragged flop.

If the blinds are getting high compared to your stack, and there are limpers in front I would push with many of these hands.