PDA

View Full Version : Am I a weak tight player????

JerBear77
01-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Ok, first off so you have a background..here are my PT stats...

$2/4 Party 5K hands

VPF % 14.5
PFR% 3.5
WSD% 55.6

BB/100 +.47/100

Also..
$1/2 Party 11K hands

VPF% 13.8
PFR% 3.6
WSD% 56.4

BB/100 +.68/100

I feel that my PF% should be higher....
WSD% looks good i think....

Is this good BB/100 stats?? Shouldn't this be higher??

What is your PF raising requirements...i know the basics of course (AA-JJ, AKs,AKo, AQs AQo, AJs AJo, KQs).

But what are the other ones that aren't that obvious and when to use them??

When to make things 2bet and 3bet too?

Lots of questions i know..
Thanx

Lost Wages
01-11-2005, 10:48 AM
What is your PF raising requirements...i know the basics of course (AA-JJ, AKs,AKo, AQs AQo, AJs AJo, KQs).

If you always raised these hands your PFR would be 5.7%

I would suggest that you read "Small Stakes Hold'em" to learn a basic preflop strategy or perhaps inquire in the Micro forum for a preflop chart.

Lost Wages

Munga30
01-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Stats posts are usually not so good here. See the sticky at the top of the forum.

Win rates take a long time to become meaningful. Maybe ten times as long as you have already played. See the sticky at the top of the page and check out the Probability forum.

You can probably play more hands, though you aren't playing too few. You absolutely can raise more preflop. The raises you are missing are situational and usually for value. Buy a copy of Small Stakes Holdem by Ed Miller. Just click the "books" link in the green bar to the left.

Your "WSD" (Went to Showdown) numbers look like they might instead be "W$SD" (Won $ at Showdown) numbers. If you did get the labels correct, you are going to the river way way too much (and the readers of SSH thank you). Start posting hands where you were behind the whole way and still called on the river.

JerBear77
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
---------------------------------------------------------
Your "WSD" (Went to Showdown) numbers look like they might instead be "W$SD" (Won $ at Showdown) numbers. If you did get the labels correct, you are going to the river way way too much (and the readers of SSH thank you). Start posting hands where you were behind the whole way and still called on the river.
---------------------------------------------------------

Yes that is my W$SD%....so is that about right??

Plus, I have read SSH by ED Miller. Maybe Im missing a crucial part in there....

hardinda
01-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Play more hands, your sample isn't big enough to determine anything.

PokerBob
01-11-2005, 11:51 AM
I think you may not fully understand hand value (i.e. how far to go with 2-pair, how strong is TPTK, etc.) That is not a rip, just my impression. I think you will get a sense of how far you should go with your hands if you post hands in the micro-forum. I used to be in a similar situation, but posting hands and reading comments helped me tremendously. I am now more confident about when to push my hand and when to back off. It should help you too.

PBob